Aftermarket car stereo faceplate is too reflective - help?

Options
Can't see the display well enough to make out anything. I tried a matte finish screen protector material, but it just dispersed the light and did not improve the visibility. Faceplate does not tilt. I have std cab, so back window is very close.

Had windows tinted this morning, but that did not dent the problem.

Shield does not work above or to the sides. Issue is straight on light reflection.

Factory brightness was already maxed out at 31. Dimmer is off. Crutchfield this time was more interested, but didn't have an immediate idea. He did offer to research and get back to me. He had heard of this before.

My thought is that they make anti glare film or treatment for eyeglasses. The same way TV people wear glasses without reflecting all of the lights on them. There should be some kind of film I can apply to the shiny plastic to remove the reflection.

Someone had suggested a dulling spray, but seems to me it would have same effect as as matte film I already tried.

Any ideas much appreciated!

19580232121_49eeeab249_c.jpgReflection by dawgfan76, on Flickr
Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.

Answers

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    That's odd I just put a new Kenwood deck in my truck, I don't have that issue, my windows are tinted, I did change the color scheme to blue, as red was not very visable. There has to be some kind of clear tape with a matt finish you could put on the face plate.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    Options
    Well, that seems to be the same as the matte finish film I tried first. I cut a section of film used for a phone, but it only dulled the light. It did not stop the reflection nor could I see the display any clearer.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    How about one of those sun blockers you can get for your cab window, they are adhesive and appear to look like a screen, I have seen them at O'Reilly auto parts store.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    Options
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• apc
    Options
    A film type thing? If so, sounds similar to film applied to back and side windows yesterday to help block/filter light transmission. Not sure how anti-reflective but I'll check it out. Thanks.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    The one in the link is applied with suction cups I bet this would solve your problem, and yes you will be able to view traffic through your rear view mirror.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• JeremyJ
    JeremyJ Posts: 17
    Options
    I would go with something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/JOTO-Protector-Fingerprint-Lifetime-Replacement/dp/B00KY90HX2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437026506&sr=8-2&keywords=anti+tablet

anti glare, anti reflective coating for tablet. Cut to needed dimensions, with plenty left over for replacements in the future.
  • apc
    Options
    Thanks. I found a video about it and it is still very reflective.