AI-1

I purchased this piece from GlennDog and never used it. This is the one you want. I was told it uses the same transformer from the latest group buy, but that's about all the technical info I can give. I'm sure plenty of guys can chime in and help me out here. It's beautiful and is unbelievably heavy.

I'm including all of the hardware I bought to install Neutrik connections on my CRS+'s as well. Asking $600 shipped.

Connectors:
  • Neutrik NLT4FX-BAG Speakon STX 4 Pole Female Cable Connector Black-Chrome Metal Housing
  • Neutrik NLT4MP-BAG Speakon STX 4 Pole Male Chassis Connector Black-Chrome Metal Housing

y9scg88za6uz.jpg

gk4p01f156tp.jpg

8mi5l7okkq4g.jpg
m5bqzuiiib6r.jpg
ykabpkq25hgg.jpg
b9cz3h6kl7mz.jpg
azmwxty6vr4p.jpg
7dyg7u6cd49o.jpg
pydbalrm4kjv.jpg

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    I can't believe not a single comment. These don't pop up very often, surely there is someone with SDA's that has been looking for one.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, I'd like to, but $600 is a bit steep. Usually when you hear crickets, something is amiss.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I can't believe not a single comment. These don't pop up very often, surely there is someone with SDA's that has been looking for one.

I can't read minds, but I suspect that Polkies, being a frugal lot, are waiting for more of a discount.

Only speculating.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116

I can't read minds, but I suspect that Polkies, being a frugal lot, are waiting for more of a discount.

Only speculating.

Seems a bit high to me, but if you need one maybe not so bad??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    vmaxer wrote: »

Only speculating.

Seems a bit high to me, but if you need one maybe not so bad??

The only guys who really NEED one are those who run non-common-ground amps with SDAs.

As in my case, I suspect most Polkies in that situation already have a Dreadnought of one kind or another.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    I'd do one at the right price so I could run mono blocks.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,888
    Common ground or not, this is much better then even the standard SDA cable, it will make a difference in the quality of sound..

With that said I feel the price is steep as well..
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd like to, but $600 is a bit steep. Usually when you hear crickets, something is amiss.

H9

Tell me how you really feel! :P

Folks, I myself paid $550 for this with the understanding that I lack both the time and skill to not only source all of the parts necessary but also to assemble it correctly. Those Cardas binding posts aren't cheap either. I also paid just under $70 for the hardware to make the Neutrik connections at the speakers and all that is included.

With that said, I'm willing to work with someone who wants to get the most out of their SDA's. I have an offer on the table already but I wanted to give it more time. Make an offer and let's talk.

• audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    Price drop to $550 shipped