Anyone Believe In Karma Repayment?

snow
snow Posts: 4,329
Does anyone Believe In Karma Repayment? I do. I was at my local Sams Club today to get a can of cheap coffee and the parking lot was almost completely full. The spaces are very tiny to park in and everything I drive is huge, today I was driving a 15 passenger size work van from the late 90's so roughly 20 feet long and I was having a tough time trying to park so I decided to be an inconsiderate asshat and take my half out of 2 parking spots knowing full well it was an inconsiderate thing to do, in my defense it was hot and I was tired and simply did not feel like backing back and forth 12 times just to squeeze into a single spot.

Here comes my Karma repayment....... as I was getting ready to check out in the self service 10 items or less line one of the workers helped a lady with a giant industrial size cart move right ahead of me into the line, I stopped counting after 15 minutes and 762 item later that she had on the cart.

My just repayment Karma wise for being an inconsiderate **** in the parking lot I suppose

REGARDS SNOW
Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D

Comments

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    It comes, it goes.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    It should have been worse than a cart of groceries for Karma...
    Probably my biggest pet peeve"taking two parking spots" it drives me insane and wish I'll will on whoever does it on purpose..Sorry
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Jhayman wrote: »
    Probably my biggest pet peeve"taking two parking spots" it drives me insane and wish I'll will on whoever does it on purpose..Sorry
    Ditto....but i also hate that person that been standing in line for 10min and decides to dig out the check book out of the bottom of a 50 gal trash sack purse after all the groceries have been rung, nit pic digging out pennies, or squabbles over a $.50 discount/expired coupon....errrrrrrr

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    good laughs here guys
    I don't mind the two parking space thing as much as I mind the 4-space diagonal parkers. but the worst, imo, is when you're juuuuust turning into a space and the person who pulled into the opposite space a split second before you decides to pull through to park in your intended space. and *keeps* pulling through even after clearly making eye contact. laziness trumps consideration in some, apparently.
    now if you did *that*, then I wish you to run into that little old lady. AND her best friend shopping buddy. when you're in a hurry. and it's the only lane open.
    B)
    I disabled signatures.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited June 2015
    Jhayman wrote: »
    Well it was not on purpose or out of spite but more like I was just simply too tired to play the game of backing back and forth 12 times just so I could fit into a space made for a economy sized car, knowing full well that I would have to do the same thing even more times trying to back out without smashing into one of the cars behind me or on the sides of me and pissing off the 10 people waiting for me to do this so they can drive through the very narrow thru lane to get parked.

Truthfully if I had managed to squeeze into a single space it would be next to impossible to get out of my van without smashing the door into the car next to me or trying to slide out sideways the spaces are so narrow it is ridiculous coupled with the narrow thru lane it is a major PITA.

Not sure who designed the parking spaces but they did not take into consideration most of the vehicles up here in Alaska are either big trucks or SUV's sure there are some economy sized cars here but they are out numbered by full size + rigs 5 to 1 it wouldndt be so bad if it was diagonal style parking but with it being all straight in and out it is tough.

I did deserve something though for being inconsiderate, I should have just parked a block away where the spaces are built for full sized rigs and just walked back and forth.

Believe it or not I have actually been stuck in one of those tight spaces for 30 mins + waiting for the car to the left or right or behind me to leave so I could back out without smashing into one of them in this parking lot.

Regards Snow

Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Not sure where the "Repayment" term comes from, but he"doubletoothpicks" yeah I believe in Karma. What goes around, surly comes around! no question.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I don't think you were being inconsiderate. Inconsiderate would have been if you did take one of those small parking spots in that large van. Then opened your door and dinged the car next to you! :s
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    Inconsiderate would have been if you had gone to your local Sams Club and not bought me a gift.
    Sal Palooza