New Striker Pro headsets.

Hello,
Polk's latest Striker series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCDorqCNSYo

Enjoy, Ken

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    On Polk's homepage, the Striker Pro is prominently featured with a "LEARN MORE" link. When you click that link, it takes you to the products page, not the Striker Pro page. Is that a big deal ? No, but a casual browser may not feel like having to dig for the Striker Pro page.
    On the Striker Pro page, you will read the following:
    "Agent 47 is prepared for any situation and the Striker Pro Contract Edition is the headset to take on any mission."
    Looks cool, souunds cool.
    Then:
    " Compatible with PlayStation 4, Wii U, PC, Mac, tablets and smartphones"
    Well , I'm no psychic, but a person browsing that page may ask the following question:
    "Will this work with my Xbox One (360) ?". Or
    "Will this work with my PS3 ?".

I suppose that the person browsing can go to YouTube, and search for the above video to partially answer some of these questions. Michael (?) does mention the Xbox One but ...... how about the 360 ? He does mention the PS4, but ..... how about the PS3 ?

Folks will have questions, anticipate what those questions will be and supply that information before it is asked. Just my opinion.
    BTW, someone browsing the Striker Pro Contract Edition page asked a question. 5 days ago. No reply yet.

Sal Palooza
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    All good questions, I'll send this to Polk HQ for answers.
  • [Deleted User]
    Here's a response from Polk's CS department:
    "The Striker Pro Zx is the Xbox one edition headset, the Striker Pro P1 and Contract edition are multiplatform but do not work with the Xbox 360 or PS3."
    I hope this is helpful, Ken
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    Thanks for the prompt, and helpful, reply, Mr. K.

I'm actually looking for something for Son #2 for his Xbox One. We haven't had any visits from the DHS lately, so I'm looking to reward his non-antics with positive reinforcement. :smile:

Sal Palooza
  • [Deleted User]
    Sounds like a good plan, MBL, I think the Striker Pros are going to land in September.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited June 2015
    @Kenneth Swauger

Do you know if any of the headsets are compatible with both the Xbox 360 & Xbox One?

I've got a 360 now and I could a decent headset to be able to play without having the volume at 0 (which makes playing other online players a bit of a pain as you can imagine), but I'm wanting to upgrade to a Xbox One soon so I'd want it to work with both....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • [Deleted User]
    I'll certainly ask.
  • [Deleted User]
    Here's Polk's response:
    "Hey Ken,

We used to make a headset that was compatible with Both Xbox 360 and Xbox one and that was called “Melee gaming headset”. It comes with items necessary to game on the Xbox 360 and the customer can call Customer Service to get the part necessary to play on the Xbox one.

It is a discontinued headset but I’m sure he can find it online from many authorized dealers. Such as:
    http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Melee-Headphone-Green-Xbox/dp/B00E1L784A
    I hope this helps your CP member"

Cheers, Ken
  • jimedge
    jimedge Posts: 1
    Where can I get talk back cords, damn puppy got excited. Love my 4 shots, had turtle beach x-raus. Armenian holding ear cups kept break8ng, no problems with 4 shots, recommend to everyone, I know of 7 people I play with in Homicidal Gaming that have bought them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Give Polk's CS department a call at 1-800-377-7655 for replacement cables.
    Regards, Ken
  • Does the striker pro come with voice monitoring like the striker zx does?
  • Hello,
    I'll check for you.
    Ken
  • Hello,
    Here is Polk's response;

"The Polk puck adapter that is included allows for voice monitoring through the headset."

Regards, Ken
  • Now what about with ps4 use?
  • @sacrinis The Striker Pro Xbox One adapter enables the Chat Loop feature. It will not be active on the PS4 or PC.