Need a regulated 25W 120VAC power supply

Options
HELP?! You read that right - Must output Regulated 120VAC 25watts. Maybe the right type UPS will do but I don't know what to look for.

Thanks in advance, Tony
Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work

Comments

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    Oops forgot. Output jack should look a wall outlet
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    Have you looked at Mouser or maybe Jameco?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gp4jesus
    Options
    Hadn't thought about it - THANKS, dude
  • CoolJazz
    CoolJazz Posts: 569
    Options
    Marin Jones also has a variety of odd power supply type stuff. mpja.com

CJ
    A so called science type proudly says... "I do realize that I would fool myself all the time, about listening conclusions and many other observations, if I did listen before buying. That’s why I don’t, I bought all of my current gear based on technical parameters alone, such as specs and measurements."
  • CoolJazz
    CoolJazz Posts: 569
    Options
    Marin Jones also has a variety of odd power supply type stuff. mpja.com

CJ
    A so called science type proudly says... "I do realize that I would fool myself all the time, about listening conclusions and many other observations, if I did listen before buying. That’s why I don’t, I bought all of my current gear based on technical parameters alone, such as specs and measurements."
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    Options
    The Tripp Lite LCR2400 has a transformer to ensure 89 - 140VAC input is always 120V output.
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Copped quick look @ the Tripp lite on Amazon - that thing has no choice but to maintain 120VAC! Appears to be a hi-powered device.

I'll take a look at other TL models

Thnx, Tony
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    A comprehensive test report:

House's wiring issues are such an ordinary UPS won't cut it - need an electrician.

The APC I borrowed does work but not as I expected. It just tracks the line voltage, hovering ~100V

As I type, w/power amps OFF, I watched Family Room/HT's line voltage vary from 97V to 103V while others watched or played Xbox.

Family Room/HT's line voltage dropped to 67V during Dryer turn-on before returning.

Around the adjacent kitchen: 132V to microwave. ~100V to refrigerator, small late model chest freezer and many other kitchen outlets.

Thnx for reading this far....
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Definitely time to call an electrician!

The outlet powering my HT equipment, most of the kitchen, lights in laundry room & (adjacent) half bath, AND the dryer are on the same breaker.

That 67V brown out in my earlier post, I measured from an outlet NOT on that breaker!
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    Options
    The LCR2400 does work great for variable line voltages, but it looks like you have bigger problems; good luck!
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Outlaw arrived repaired Thursday @ NC - gotta love 'em! Messed up 2 975's due to faulty wiring. They swapped the first one $0, repaired the second w/me paying $hipping to their shop - they covered return shipping.

Studying daisy chaining from an outlet on rear of house - good for 120(+) no-load, about 112 w/microwave running

Shopping for UPS.

975 still in box.

Tony
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    UPDATE: I decided to run a dedicated 20amp line from breaker box - just a little more work than daisy-chain from previous post.

For that matter running 2 (dedicated) lines is just a little more work than 1. The 2nd a 15 amp to separate the other circuits from the dryer circuit in my June 20th post.

Thnx for reading this far, Tony
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Update phase 2: about a month ago we learned the power neutral from the pole was broken - happened when a tree fell on the line about 8 months earlier. Power company took close to a day to fix & verify, providing a stable power source again. They also agreed to compensate up for a microwave and several clothes dryers that have failed due to their oversight.
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Update phase 3: Saturday afternoon I finally put the finishing touches on the dedicated 20A line w/a 20A specific wall outlet. Pulled my repaired Outlaw 975 from its (sealed at Outlaw's repair shop) box, connected everything and settled for HT bliss.

This morning, about 7am, kids playing Xbox, waiting to leave for school, it failed again! Maaaann!!

Moral: don't buy the Outlaw 975 pre-pro unless you plan to add a power conditioner/UPS to your system. Either that or make CERTAIN you have rock stable power coming into your home. It's digital PS is VERY sensitive line voltage fluctuations.
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Running an APC H15 minus the Outlaw. I've seen the "Line Trim" light come on at night some times but never the "Line boost." I've connected enough gear, when I flip the switch, to make the "line boost" flash but have yet that any other time.

Funny, Outlaw tech Support says brownouts caused all three failures.

Tony
  • gp4jesus
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Finally, finally, FINALLY(!) today I completed a dedicated 15A line into my family room to power my low-draw gear.

I unboxed my Outlaw, back from repair in October, along the way rearranged some gear & cabling, thoroughly cleaned everything, plugged in the H15 & connected it all.

Unfortunately by the time I finished, it was after 11pm!

Tomorrow I enjoy the fruit I've, for so long, waited to taste.

Merry CHRISTmas, Tony
  • gp4jesus
    edited December 2015
    Options
    An important detail I left out from my previous post: I made sure the 2 dedicated feeds did NOT share the same leg from the road.

Today I tested the power for my system. Objective(?): if I power up all my amps* simultaneously, will it trigger the APC's Line Boost circuit?
    1. The 15A powered the low draw gear through the APC H15
    2. The 20A powered the amps, sub, and for test purposes, a high powered pro amp* that, under full power, can pull about twice of any other amp in my system.

Conclusion: even w/the AVR set to Narrow, Line Boost indicator didn't flicker!

Merry CHRISTmas!
  • littlewoodboats
    Options
    Great news Tony. Have a chance to put the Outlaw through its paces yet?
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Yu-up(!) though not too much. Between "'Tis the season" & the kids, could get in just "Home Alone 2: Lost in NY." Sound track didn't "say much" but so far so good.

Meanwhile, w/a 5 disc CD at her disposal, Janet can listen to Christmas music till she pukes! I expect to put the Outlaw through its paces watching a Marvel or DC comic based flick or 2 come the weekend, tweaking as I go. I'll post my thoughts then.

I hafta make a few adjustments to recent gear re-arranging: the Rotel seems to run a lot warmer since moving it under the CC.

I pray I'm finally finished dancin' w/ Outlaw repair once and for all!

Merry CHRISTmas!

PS: we need to continue that power center discussion soon
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Watched Avatar last night for the first time since moving here (2.5 years ago) AWESOME!!

Left to right across the front or rear: TRANSPARENT!

Front to rear... I think my rear channel polarity is reversed compared to front and the various channel level may be off a bit

My BIGGEST challenge is my DEMANDING family for that room or my time to do other things.

More after another movie....
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Completed the last step of hi-draw power distribution today w/2 Furman Miniport-20s (FMP):

FMP#1 turns on* & powers up* w/the Outlaw. The same then provides a delayed turn-on trigger for FMP#2**.
    * left channel sub & surround amps
    ** sub, right channel sub, & Rotel*** amps
    *** powers LR tops & CC
    Early next year, I plan to add a third FMP using FMP#2 delayed turn-on trigger.

Another significant FMP by-product: a while back I swapped the FMPs' hefty 10' power cords for 2 footers. Then got the idea: put 20A sockets on the bare ends giving me 2 stout 10' extension cords. Together, a 20' same to power my Surround amp.

This is it till early next year after the kids return to school. Then I'll take a vaca day (or 2) here and there to finish LR mods to include tri-amping. I should have that & my CC finished by Spring.

Tony
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Latest power distro improvement:
    67901wbyajv9.jpg
    Wife loves it as much as I do

• gp4jesus
    Options
    Forgot to mention: as of June, the living* room* became home to my Theatre. While its about a foot shorter, it's much wider and has more sound-friendly acoustics.

Even better, the LR* is on top of the breaker panel in the basement. That made running TWO much shorter dedicated 20A lines a breeze! Along the way I added 2 more Furman MP-20s aiding power distribution. As w/the previous setup, the APC line feed is on the other leg from the road.

I hate the thought of moving at the end of the school year & and basically starting over. Its our retirement home. Wife promised me a house with, OR we'll add, a space worthy. If we add, the plans include include a "quasi-refrigerated closet" for the LCR amps & XOs.

Tony