PSW125 and Outlaw Audio M-975 set-up

The manual for my Outlaw Audio M-975 pre/pro says to use the LFE connection on the sub with the volume set to max using the level calibration in the pre/pro. This seems to work quite well in most instances but some older material will have passages that play at well above comfortable listening levels. Watching "Man in the Iron Mask" everything was great until the battlefield scene that had cannon fire rattling the windows and shooting the dogs straight up in the air.

Should I adjust the sub level down and then recalibrate through the Outlaw to limit the maximum possible output? Thanks

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Yeah, I would set it at 50% then calibrate. You can always adjust from there. I personally have my psw505 set just under 30%.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant