SDA CRS+ drivers

Braddles63
Braddles63 Posts: 185
edited May 2015 in Vintage Speakers
Gday from Australia fellow polkies. Long time since I've posted (i had to re-register) and I'm still enjoying some vintage Polks. Currently i have some Monitor 7a's and RTA11TL's.

The other day i managed to find a pair of CRS+'s (pin blade) which are quite rare here in OZ. They are in immaculate condition. A credit to their previous owner. I have already done the baskets, installed T nuts and new gaskets.
While doing this i noticed that one of the speakers had 2 6510 drivers and the other had 6511 and 6510. The crossovers look the same and I'm wondering if this will be of any detriment to their overall sound?
Cheers.

1l6e2p1lspiu.jpg
jwx26dczbx35.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,298
    They should have a 6510 (stereo) and a 6511 (dimensional). The 6510 and 6511 are different enough that you should replace that 6510 with a 6511.

What are those items on top of the speakers?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Braddles63
    Braddles63 Posts: 185
    Thanks F1. I will have to search for one.

The black things are Toppers. Here is a link/review that explains things better than i can.http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-accessories/51743-eti-amg-toppers-review.html
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,298
    Thanks for the link, interesting product.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk