What is up with the main page status?

Ok, so anyone else notice the funky lagging stats on the main page for what are current threads and posts?

I'm looking at the main page and under the "Speaker" section it showed nspindels reply to the Soundbar thread as being most current with a time stamp of 6:42am, but when I go to that thread, his last post is time stamped 5:03am.

And...and...there are more recent posts than that including one I made at 6:38am to the RTiA3 thread, but it is now 6:48am and the main page stats haven't been refreshed.

Whaaa????

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    To me both the main page and the thread page show the same timestamp of 08:03 for nspindels post.
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited April 2015
    The time stamps are lagging way behind and do not correlate to who made the latest post.

Just look at the main page and then drill to that forum section.

It may be due to what the refresh rate is of the main page stats - it seems to be set at once an hour?

If so, then the main page stats are/will always be out of 'sync' for actual time stamps and most current posts.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • [Deleted User]
    The posting you just made shows 11:11AM, isn't that the time you made it?
  • Erik Tracy
    The posting you just made shows 11:11AM, isn't that the time you made it?
    Now go back to the main page - under this section it still shows nspindels post as the most current.

• [Deleted User]
    Okay, now I see. Let me check with Vanilla
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,203
    I think if Erik Tracy bought one of Joey_V's watches, it would solve his time problems. :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Vanilla replied that caching is a technology used in order to lessen server load and it's
    likely that's what members are experiencing. Vanilla has updated our database
    counts and cleared our cache, but it's not unusual for timestamps to be a
    few minutes delayed. That the thread is the most recent will always be
    correct, but the timestamp of the latest comment may be off now and again.
    If it's ever significantly delayed (more than 10m), they want me to let them know.
  • Erik Tracy
    Yes - they are way off.

• Erik Tracy
    edited April 2015
    It is 9:22am west coast time as I post this.

The main page shows that the Latest Post in The Clubhouse is 4k TVs by btown1985 at 9:05am

The actual post in The Clubhouse is Looking For Misc Deals by scubalab at 9:05am.

So the times may be correct but the thread and poster are not.

On the main page, this post still shows Hermitism as the last poster with the correct current time but his post in this thread is time stamped from 8:17am so that is over an hour out of sync.

• [Deleted User]
    okay. I'll let them know.
  • Erik Tracy
    Thanks!

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Seriously? There isn't even that much traffic on this site? If Vanilla can't handle this then that's pretty much a fail! lol
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • [Deleted User]
    They are investigating the cause. I don't believe the amount of traffic has anything to do with it, rather a general glitch that they can fix, I'm sure.
  • [Deleted User]
    I can certainly ask.
  • Erik Tracy
    They are investigating the cause. I don't believe the amount of traffic has anything to do with it, rather a general glitch that they can fix, I'm sure.

Looks like it may be fixed.

• Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy wrote: »

Looks like it may be fixed.

Nope. My post is time stamped for 1:20pm west coast time.

The main page shows the right time, but still shows Kenneth as the last poster at my time, not his last at 11:24am west coast time.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2015
    Hello,
    Concerning the ability to message someone on a smart device. While there
    isn't a message button, per se, that functionality appears
    in the mobile version of the site.
    Essentially, there is a fairly persistent menu on the bottom. The far-left
    button is your inbox. Tap that and you can either read private messages or write a new one. When you select "New Message" it takes you to a page that lets you type in the name of another user. The "autocomplete" doesn't work the way it does on the desktop, but you'll know when it turns into a "dark box" with an "X" on the right hand side that the message was received.
    I hope this is helpful.
    Ken

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    I heard that Vanilla has asked vBulletin how to fix the time stamp issue.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    The correct operation of the time stamp updating has been corrected, according to Vanilla.
    Cheers, Ken
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    It is indeed working again. Thanks Ken.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Oh noooooo!!! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • [Deleted User]
    Thanks for everyone's help and patience.