Polk MM12s or the equal Diamond Audio 12" Subs

Demonoids777
Demonoids777 Posts: 14
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am kind of torn between two different subs, the Polk MM12s and the equal Diamond Audio 12" subs. I can get the MM12s on Sounddomain for $179 a piece and the Diamond Audios at a local shop for $139 a piece. I have always liked the MOMOs but the Diamonds sound damn good too. If anyone could give me a little help with this desicion I would appreciate it, or any reason to buy one sub over the other. Thanks for any help.
Post edited by Demonoids777 on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    This is a quick graph i hacked up with unibox; the mm124 is the red line on the left (which is pretty much irrelevant); the tdx10d2 (wired in series up to 4 ohms) is the line about .5 dB to the right (remember, this line doesn't matter, it just serves to prove there are two subs on the graph).

the line that matters is the SPLtot one, in the middle. as you can see, the lines are almost perfectly equal. thus, the difference is mostly in the flavor of the sound (and the burning hole in your wallet).

while this is, like i sed, only an estimate, it is a fairly good one

hope it helps somewhat
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • neomagus00
    edited March 2004
    hmmm... the pic may help...

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • neomagus00
    edited March 2004
    jesus, can't i get this right?
    all.gif 14.9K