Halo 5 Guardians: 10/27/15

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
edited April 2015 in Video Games
So.... gonna take some time off work when this comes out.....

Anybody else interested in this besides me? It seems they are doing some fairly cool marketing as there is a tumbler account (HuntTheTruth) setup that is set in the future of a reporter doing a story on Johns backstory through the eyes of the regular UNSC people. I've already listened to the first 2 episodes (they release a new one each week) and its fairly interesting and I'm hooked.

I'm looking forward to what they do with the storyline here as based on the trailers it looks to be they are introducing a new character that may shake things up quite a bit.

But I need to sell stuff to buy an Xbox One, and need to pre-order the Collectors Edition....

Yes I know its a sickness.......

Hmmm...... how much can I sell blood for and how often a week x number of weeks till it comes out..... hmmmmmmmmmmm
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I never really got into Halo, even though I've been on Xbox since the original one.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Halo is for girls! Girls with little weeners!!
    You should be a real man and play Lego Avengers like me!

I'll order it and team up with you but only on Friday and Saturday nights while drinking beer. I don't want to be the only drunk with a mic and its the only time I get the cut loose.

Deal......or no deal??
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    I love the find the truth trailers. Already preordered it even though I have not played the Master Chief Collection yet!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pjd2011
    pjd2011 Posts: 49
    I'm a sucker for video game story lines. I told myself I'd wait until the next Gears to get an XB1 but this game may sway me.
    Computer nerd diving head first into quality audio.
  • EndersShadow
    pjd2011 wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for video game story lines. I told myself I'd wait until the next Gears to get an XB1 but this game may sway me.

Yeah, I thought about buying one when TitanFall came out, was tempted by Destiny.... but this is whats gonna put me over the edge lol......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Xanthor
    Xanthor Posts: 53
    That's when I'm getting my XB1 when the Gears Trilogy comes out end of the year.

• pjd2011
    pjd2011 Posts: 49
    Yeah, my guess is both players release a console with 4k support (HDMI 2.0) at the end of the year. Halo 5 will be great but I'll wait until the "slim" models get released.

Really hoping Rod Ferguson gets Gears right. High hopes.
    Computer nerd diving head first into quality audio.
  • Nightfall
    Xanthor wrote: »
    That's when I'm getting my XB1 when the Gears Trilogy comes out end of the year.
    Not happening.

• Herk
    Herk Posts: 24
    edited July 2015
    I love the halo series. Have not got a new system tho still have xbox360. I feel like building myself a serious gaming rig/movie computer. But with the new move xbox made with backwards compatibility that just puts a big smile on my face.

• Nightfall
    Herk wrote: »
    I love the halo series. Have not got a new system tho still have xbox360. I feel like building myself a serious gaming rig/movie computer. But with the new move xbox made with backwards compatibility that just puts a big smile on my face.

For the amount of things the Xbox One can do, it's a steal. $350 buys you gaming, Blu-ray player, playing movies files off a portable hard drive or USB stick (including MKV), DLNA streaming, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu...

• EndersShadow
    While I agree with all that, the fact split screen is gone is a BIG deal to me. I would love to play with my dad who just got the 360 with no plans to upgrade anytime soon, so having him over to play the new one with me campaign would be a blast.

Thats no longer possible.....

Dont know how I feel about that....
  • Nightfall
    Yeah, split screen gaming on *all* systems is dying. Playing together over the internet has taken precedence.

• mrbiron
    I would love to play with my dad who just got the 360 with no plans to upgrade anytime soon, so having him over to play the new one with me campaign would be a blast.
    You, my friend, have a very cool dad. My father used to play duck hunt with my brother and I when we were in our single digits. We thought he was a god amongst men. Now, he'd never go anywhere near a game.

Get with the time! Hawk your 360 (for $150 credit towards a One) and evolve. I'm taking my haphazard one and doing that this week. Dumping it while it still holds a squintch of value. Then i will have 2x One = 2. WIll probably sell as my wife isn't happy with my recent purchases :D
  • EndersShadow
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I would love to play with my dad who just got the 360 with no plans to upgrade anytime soon, so having him over to play the new one with me campaign would be a blast.
    You, my friend, have a very cool dad. My father used to play duck hunt with my brother and I when we were in our single digits. We thought he was a god amongst men. Now, he'd never go anywhere near a game.

Get with the time! Hawk your 360 (for $150 credit towards a One) and evolve. I'm taking my haphazard one and doing that this week. Dumping it while it still holds a squintch of value. Then i will have 2x One = 2. WIll probably sell as my wife isn't happy with my recent purchases :D

Yeah he's OK :wink:...

I'd look at doing that but then I still have to buy the Masterchief collection and lets be honest here.... matchmaking in Halo 4 with that is pointless, so I'd lose ANY ability to play Halo online (the only way I really play it, and the only game I really play) till the new one came out.

Plus I'm holding out for them hoping they will release a Halo 5 limited edition Xbox One console...... it also lets me not hit my wife up for money just yet and with baby #2 on the way in November....

Well it might be a bit before I can play the new one lol........
  • mrbiron
    I'll be dead by the time you catch up....might as well delete Mr. Rabidbunny (or whatever it is) my list. He*l Xbox Two will be out.... :p
  • EndersShadow
    I'll be dead by the time you catch up....might as well delete Mr. Rabidbunny (or whatever it is) my list. He*l Xbox Two will be out.... :p

LOL..... oh well, you dont play Halo anyway :persevere:

• mrbiron
    Halo is from 15 years ago....we're going onto Halo 5. You are WAAAY behind.
  • Herk
    Herk Posts: 24
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Herk wrote: »

For the amount of things the Xbox One can do, it's a steal. $350 buys you gaming, Blu-ray player, playing movies files off a portable hard drive or USB stick (including MKV), DLNA streaming, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu...

Yea it is good price for 350. Lots of entertainment. But the older you get you understand that time is very valuable. I have onwed many gaming systems and to be honest with you none of them have been any real wow factor. I remeber a decade ago when i built a gaming computer for myself and played crysis for the first time! BOOOOOM! Still looks better, sounds better and plays better then any crysis on any todays console in my opnion.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Did you guys see the Campaign clip and War games? Wooo
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mrbiron
    What the he*l am I going to do with this thing....enderrrrrs ;);)

maxjs2169i4n.jpg
  • mrbiron
    This is my 2nd One. I sold off my dying 360 to GameStop for their $150 trade in deal while it still had SOME value. I really don't need another and will most likely end up hawking it.

Enders needs a "one"!!!
  • EndersShadow
    edited July 2015
    This is my 2nd One. I sold off my dying 360 to GameStop for their $150 trade in deal while it still had SOME value. I really don't need another and will most likely end up hawking it.

Enders needs a "one"!!!

Oh I know I do, but until I sell some stuff off and have the money it wont be happening.

I hope they offer that sale for a bit longer in case I can take advantage of it.

I have some funds in reserve (enough to cover the purchase), but I was hoping to spend them on something else, but I may just have to bite the bullet now and trade mine in.
  • mrbiron
    If you didn't live 1/2 way around the country, i'd sell you this one but shipping would kill it.

It really is a great system, so far. In fact, i'll be listing my Apple TV and Fire TV in the FS Section because i no longer need them for Amazon/Netflix services.

You may even be able to sell your WD TV as i think it should recognize your movies on the hardrive. Just a thought.
  • EndersShadow
    edited July 2015
    You may even be able to sell your WD TV as i think it should recognize your movies on the hardrive. Just a thought.

Yeah, I'd thought about that but I'm not sure if it will read the MKV's, and even if it does not sure it passes lossless audio yet which was the one selling point for the WD Live TV. I get lossless audio and 1080p...

**Edit** Anddddd.... I'm right, not only does it not support TrueHD or DTS, it also loses a LOT of the funcionality of MKV files (doesnt support chapters, file information, picks the first audio track it can find and you cant switch it, etc)....

Yeah the WD Live will stick around for sure.

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Yes yes yes... halo 5!!! I am ready!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mrbiron
    Joey_V wrote: »

When the F-bomb will you ever have time to sit down and play Halo5?
    Once you finish with your Stradivari hunt, you should hook your ONE up to your Carys and be known as "That Guy". :p

Halo will never sound so gooooood.
  • EndersShadow
    Lol
  • EndersShadow
    Still haven't got one.... Found one for 300 NIB buuuuttttttttttt lol
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited July 2015
    Joey_V wrote: »

When the F-bomb will you ever have time to sit down and play Halo5?
    Once you finish with your Stradivari hunt, you should hook your ONE up to your Carys and be known as "That Guy". :p

Halo will never sound so gooooood.

Hahahaha...

My xbox one is connected to the family room and the ps3 is upstairs in the game room. Currently, there are no plans for the xbox one to be connected to the Cary/802Diamond system but if it did, I agree, it would be awesome. However, I would like dual subs for the aftershocks.... can you send me a pair of subs pretty please??

Btw, I should have some days off, I work 18 of the 30 days in the month... but the more pressing issue is that the little baby demands more and more of my time...

... Rewind back approx 15 months and I was living like a bachelor's lifestyle at that time. :smile:

But yeah... I need my halo fix. I remember Halo originally came out when I was like a 3rd year in college, it was awesome!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Yes, Halo was a huge____ game with everyone in college. I remember my nephew and his buds at Abilene Christian U. would get multiple Xboxs and tvs? hooked together so they could have more players on the screens. Talk about having a blast. :)