What pair of vintage h/ps should I get ?

In my youth I owned a set of Super-X Pro-B-VI .Remembering back they were extremely heavy and in the summer because the ears cups were plastic you would sweat considerably. I'm looking to spend about $30/40 and I've checked out a few Koss models but they seem to go for a bit more. Critical listening, not so much just for my bedroom through my Nikko 6065 receiver. I saw those Pioneers on the vintage thread and while looking good Pongshi poster already said he didn't like they way they sounded but @ $6 bucks I see why you would roll on those. So maybe something w/ a little more quality. Oh yeah I would prefer over the ear style.
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Are you getting them for nostalgia because unlike speakers, vintage headphones, in general, are not as good as their modern counterparts.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Yeah this just might be a throw back type of thing for some late night listening. I did see some Pioneer 350s w/ really great reviews other than what the E-Bay add says so I might look into 1 of them. Again w/me cost is a real issue so something new would be out of the question. I already have a set of Shure SRH-240s and the quality of sound is pretty awful.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc