SDA1s For Sale

Options
Browndawg
Browndawg Posts: 6
edited March 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have a pair of SDA1Bs in excellent shape for sale. Originial manual, crossover cable and Polk sales brochure included. Bought in 1987 in Germany (military exchange). More pics available on request. Asking $400.00 OBO.
Post edited by Browndawg on

Comments

• VE6OHV
    VE6OHV Posts: 119
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Are you willing to remove the drivers and package them for shipping? Any idea what they weigh, I am interested if freight charges don't kill me.
  • Browndawg
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Sorry..I want to sell them as is.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I think he means that he's interested in buying the complete package, but he wants to know if you will remove the drivers and ship them seperately to avoid getting frozen voice coils.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Browndawg
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Yes I can. They weigh 85 lbs each. Will cost $50-$100 depending on the zone you are in with UPS Standard Ground.

Originally posted by VE6OHV
    Are you willing to remove the drivers and package them for shipping? Any idea what they weigh, I am interested if freight charges don't kill me.
  • VE6OHV
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by F1nut
    I think he means that he's interested in buying the complete package, but he wants to know if you will remove the drivers and ship them seperately to avoid getting frozen voice coils.

Yes exactly... sorry I was not clear on that. I am going to check on the logistics of shipping them cross border. Depending on freight it might just be out of my financial reach.

Thanks
    Steve
  • Browndawg
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Ok. If you want more detailed pics just let me know.
  • VE6OHV
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Well - I have to bow out of this one - with freight, exchange, brokerage and duties it would run just over 1K ! CAD

A little out of my price range.

Thanks anyway.
  • acdds
    acdds Posts: 253
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Why does shipping cause frozen voice coils? One of my 6.5"s seized and I thought that I did it. Tell you the truth, I was mad because I thought it came like that. I didn't think to check before I started to play them because I was too excited to hear them.
    Receiver = Denon AVR-3803
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Good question... I'd like to add:
    Why would removing the drivers from the cabinet improve their survival rate?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • VE6OHV
    edited March 2004
    Options
    My thoughts on it were to remove and package the drivers and ship them in a tightly packaged box so thast shipping did not tear the magnets off of the glue when it gets cold.

"Frozen Voice Coil" ?? Dunno - but it sounds cool. Anyone? Buler? -
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    The removal of the drivers is a good idea, but by no means 100%. It's a crap shoot when shipping older drivers, period. I think if the proper care is at least taken, it improves the chances, and it is definetly worth addressing.

It is very cool that Browndawg has offered to do such a service for a Polkie. Most sellers elsewhere, would not bother to do anything.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Browndawg
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Thanks for all the dialog from everyone. On the down side, I thougth I had the original boxes, but they got thrown out with this last move. After 15 years of moving around, the Vegas heat took a toll on them.
  • KAK
    KAK Posts: 5
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Hey bro, I live just south of you in Barstow area. I would drive to complete the transaction if all is well. I would like to see some additional pics too....KAK
  • Browndawg
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I have two other folks interested in them also. Received requests privately, yours is one of them. I'm going to go down the order of receipt. I'll let you know either way. Thanks.