1959 Bendix 5992 (6V6) tubes.

I have a pair of Bendix 5992 tubes (drop in replacement for 6V6 tubes). I purchased these tubes brand new (unused) to use in my BAT VK-3i. I sold the VK-3i about 2 years ago and have nothing to use these in.

Bendix 5992 tubes are the absolute top of the line 6V6 tubes that were desigend (for the military) to be used in missles carying nuclear warheads. The design, tolerances, reliability, and longevity are all top notch (these have a 10,000 hour life span). These tubes are considered to be the best 6V6 tube one can buy, period.

I used these for about 500 hours in the VK-3i and have not used them since I sold the BAT. They are virtually new, but do have some time on them. The bass these put out bested any other 6V6 tube I tried in the VK-3i, hands down.

They do not have the original boxes, they are white boxes, but the labels (on the tubes) and tube condition are brand new. I will post pictures tomorrow.

I am asking $165.00 shipped. Payment via paypal (as a gift) or money order (or check if you are long standing member of the forum).
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484

Here are some pictures for you all. I will also be listing some Pope 6V6GT tubes sold by Upscale Audio that have literally 10 hours on them. I bought them brand new.

IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1094.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Bump.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• RE the bendix 5952 tubes, are they still available for sale?