popping noise

Nathan32387
Nathan32387 Posts: 15
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I was working on my friends sub amp and i combined the amp signal to give the two channel amp equal signal to each sub and when i combined the signal and turned the amp on i heard a loud popping sound when the volume went from 0 to 1 but not when i turned it up more, also the amp for the highs makes the front speakers pop along w/ the sub, also since i did that to the sub amp, when the engine is on the speakers make a whining sound that changes w/ the engine's rpms. also when i turn on the high pass crossover on the head unit it blocks the bass to the sub amp which has its own preamp output on the back of the headunit, before i did this to the wiring the high pass crossover only blocked the bass to the highs amp but now it blocks it to both and i havent changed anything, also i took out the plug to combine the signal to the sub and i put everything back the way it was exactly and i still have this problem that i didnt have before.
can anyone help me?

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by Nathan32387
    I was working on my friends sub amp and i combined the amp signal to give the two channel amp equal signal to each sub
    huh?
    as far as the popping noise goes...sometimes amps do that, might also be the headunit, just dont turn it below 1...lol
    as far as the hissing with the rpm's
    thats definetely a wiring problem
    youre getting interference from the alternator and its getting inducted in your RCA's, speaker wire, or power wire
    move your rca's around, if it still does it, move the power wire, then if it still does it, move the speaker wire...somewhere in your wiring youre getting noise...
    if its STILL happening, you probably need better RCA cables
    -Cody