Proper setup of PSW 125 with ONKYO Receiver

Options
Hey,

So recently upgraded my setup with an ONKYO TX-NR636 receiver and only a few months in my subwoofer's amp needs to be replaced. Not sure if that's a coincidence or not but while I wait for the replacement amp I'd like to double check :)

I'm just wondering on any special settings I should have in place that I didn't before. Have a single cable from the receiver going into a splitter that is into the Left and Right channel of the subwoofer. Always had it this way so not sure if that could be an issue.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

p781e81xk88h.jpg

Cheers!
-=Neil=-

Comments

• drselect
    drselect Posts: 664
    Options
    Looks like on the page 5 of the NR636 owners manual you should be running one coaxial cable from one of the subwoofer outs on the back of the AVR to the input on the PSW125 labeled R/LFE in. Do not think you should need/us a splitter.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, I'm sorry you had a problem. It's unlikely that anything you might have done was the cause, more likely it was an amplifier component that failed.
    The easiest connection would be a single RCA cable into the "R/LFE" input on the sub with the other end connected to the receiver's sub-out connection. Then rotate the low pass knob (below the volume control) all the way clockwise to the "LFE" position. Try setting the volume to the 10:00 o'clock position and adjust it slightly up or down to suit.
    Regards, Ken
  • NeilHyde
    Options
    Awesome - thanks so much!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You're welcome!