UPDATE: 1999 Chevy Silverado - almost done

MrDHEJ
MrDHEJ Posts: 137
edited February 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Been awhile since I started this project, and since the weather has been getting warmer it's been the perfect time to work on the install.

First of all, I want to thank all of you that helped me with choosing some of the equipment I needed, this is a great place to be a part of.

Ok, lemme recap what went into the truck.

1999 Chevy Silverado K2500HD Extended Cab. 6.0L Alison HD transmission (a Paxton is on the list for the future :) )

REAR:
Polk MOMO MMC460 4"x6" plates
US AMPS 200x 50x2-watts @4 OHM

FRONT:
Polk MOMO MM6 Components
US AMPS TU-600 tube amp 150x2-watts @4 OHM

SUB:
Polk MOMO MM124 12"
US AMPS 600x 600x1-watts @4 OHM

I was very surprised by the sound the 4x6 plates put out. Very clean with great mids and high's.

The TU-600 is no less then orgasmic when coupled with the MM6's. I was told this amp would be clean, but I never thought with a set of the MM6's just how dam good they would sound.

I need to make a sealed box for the MM124 still, but in my dual band pass box with the 600x powering it, it only suffered from the upper range. That and the box was built to be boomy, so I’ll have to recap this when I get the sealed box finished.

The 3 amps fit behind the back seat perfectly when the seat is down. I ended up moving the seat forward 1" to help when the seat is up. Even after moving the seat forward, with the seat up the bottom of the upright part of the seat still touches the amps a little. It's not a huge concern, but over time if the seat is up for long periods it's gonna scuff the amps a little.

1999silverado-021.jpg

I got really lucky on the ground locations for the 3 amps. There were three 8mm studs already in the cab from the factory excatly where i put the amps. NO DRILLING!
1999silverado-014.jpg

Here’s the 1 farad cap behind the left rear panel.
1999silverado-017.jpg

Hers the remote relay that turns on the amps and cap. Notice I put two 3amp fuses here. One on the radio side and one on the power going to the amps. Just being a little cautious.
1999silverado-022.jpg

All closed up.
1999silverado-023.jpg
Post edited by MrDHEJ on

Comments