SDA 2 speakers, very nice condition

mopar paul
mopar paul Posts: 277
edited February 2015 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have too many speakers, so I need to let these go. I purchased them from the original owner in 1996 (he had the original boxes that I somehow lost). They are in very good condition given their age, probably 8/10, with few flaws. One passive radiator has discoloration but they sound great. Grilles are not in the pic but are included. Come take a listen and I guarantee you'll buy them. The interconnect cable is a 12 gauge custom cable with Nuetrik connectors.

Only selling to good standing members only, no spammers or jokers need waste my time.
$225.00 local pickup in Evansville IN
Thankszdfcvzce4jxh.jpg

Comments

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    What a damn deal! Would love to have a pair of these to compare with my 1B's.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • I guess technically these are 2A's I just got confused, as usual.
    Anyway thanks for the comment, I'm asking what I have in them and hope to give someone a good speaker, at a good price.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    They look great Paul, and they should sell quickly at this very__ fair price. Was the IC blade/blade before you upgraded to the neutrik speakon connectors and cable? If so, would these be classified as SDA 2A studio speakers? GLWTS !
  • Thanks,
    They were the blade/blade so maybe so. Even after all these years I get some models confused. I gave the original cable to my dad for his SDA's and did the Neutrik upgrade thinking I would always keep them. Hopefully I didn't hurt the value.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I would think the neutrik upgrade to be far superior to the stock IC, thus making the speakers worth more. :)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Man....fantastic price here guys.....Dan, these have your name written all over them.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    Wow...killer deal for killer speakers! GLWTS.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • halo71 wrote: »
    What a damn deal! Would love to have a pair of these to compare with my 1B's.
    Great deal. But compared to 1B's??? Just cut the sound of your 1 B's in half! Pretty simple!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    GLWTS, what a deal...
  • Heading to Indianapolis this Saturday (14th) and I'm willing to deliver anywhere that's on the way or Indy itself. Thanks
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited February 2015
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    Damn these ain't gone yet?!?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • mopar paul
    mopar paul Posts: 277
    edited February 2015
    Guess I'll put them on the burn pile...at least before I'll bother with craigslist. All right $200 is the best ill do. I'll just keep them if that's not low enough!
  • hmmm. 8 hour drive...
  • Hey mods please mark these as sold. They are going to a friend of mine....