Whole House Rig - Back End Revamped

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited February 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Three Audiosource AMP100's, one for each of the 3 main zones, the 'B' side on the 3rd amp runs the patio. Audiosource Pre One/A, Yamaha CDC-555 cdp, Quadraflex Reference 620T Table.

Mix of cables, MIT, Signal, and AR.

Total rig cost: Just under $400.

On that note, if anyone wants the Sima 4 (pair) speaker selector, with protection circuitry for $20, say the word. I'm now switchbox-less in the whole house rig.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2004
    Options
    That looks fantastic, simple and effective. I love the whole house idea :D We should have had Bruce hook up his Sunfire to those outlets and rocked the whole neighbrohood!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2004
    Options
    I know, we never even turned the some-**** on, did we?

HT Room - Advent Legacy
    Living Room - Infinity RSIIIb
    Master Bedroom - Polk RT7
    Patio - Disposable Jensen Cheapies

It's also REAL nice to have an independent volume control for each zone (level ctrl on each amp), to match efficiency, or just turn it down in one area.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Russ,
    you could install volume controls in each room. My Dad and I did this with his old Klipsch mains because they played so much louder than the inwalls instaled all over the house. Worked quite well.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Yeah, I thought about that when I ran the wire, but decided against it. 2 reasons, it was one more 'jump' in the speaker wire, and second - expense.

It's never been much of an issue, most every speaker I've owned and own are between 89-92 db. I understand what your saying, if I had Khorns at 104db, and DQ10's at 86 db, well, needless to say one room would be MUCH louder than the other.

Great news now, is I do have vol control for each zone, but the speaker cables don't have that extra 'jump' in them, due to the level controls on each amp.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2004
    Options
    I'm not impressed with in wall volume controls anyways. I've got Niles in walls and when you turn the volume down it really distorts the sound. I just grab my remote and turn the volume on the receiver down.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Never even noticed the plate connectors in the den wall.

doro,
    I know the neighborhood was grooving to White Zombie and Walter's 90's...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD