Data Breach

Data breach at Chic Fil A!! ....it was the cows...they will stop at nothing!! Happy New Year all!!

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,592
    edited January 2015
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited January 2015
    ^^^^^
    didn't think Kale was for eating. I thought it was just the main ingredient in those super duper juice drinks people fast with :) GO GREEN!!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,592
    edited January 2015
    We eat it -- mostly because it is wicked easy (as the natives say) to grow in the frozen wasteland that is northern New England... so we grow tons (it seems, literally) of the stuff.

We like to stir-fry it in bacon grease and add some garlic or other onion-related matter and finish with a touch of a savory home-made sauce (an old Julia Child recipe) containing, among other things, hoisin sauce. Serve with the crumbled bacon mixed in.

One can also season and oven roast "kale chips" that are... well... not horrible to eat. Definitely edible.

Basically, the goal is to cover up... umm, I mean, to complement the kale flavor as much as possible.

FWIW, we find the 'red kale' to be far less bitter & more palatable than the fancy green varieties. The latter look great, but... ughhh :-P

Oh, and kale's a great thing to throw into home made soups!

EDIT: Oh, and kale, as far as I know, is an off-the-grid vegetable, so kale holds little chance of data breach, malware, zero day exploits, stuff like that ;- )