Connecting dual Subwoofers PSW108

Options
I have 2 new PSW108 sub's I and have the oncyo recever which has one sub out. I am connecting out of the receiver with one cable into a Y, then a cable to each Sub, with a Spliter on the end to connect into the sub L&R. Is this the correct connection?
Onkyo:TX-SR674
TV: Samsung Smart 60"
DVD: Toshiba SD-4100
BlueRay DVD: LG BD-300
Subwoofer: 2 Polk Audio PSW108's
Front SPK: Klipsch
Front L&R: Klipsch
Surround L&R Klipsch
Surround Back Klipsch

Enjoy while you can; no one gets out Alive!

Comments

• seabeerob213
    Options
    You should just need to have 1 "y" conmected the onkyo, and one cable to the "LFE IN" on the sub, you don't need three "y"s , good luck with the setup and welcome.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • jd2357
    jd2357 Posts: 15
    Options
    There is no LFE connection on this model, Just left and right in connections
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2014
    Options
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/24277/psw10-lfe-hookup

OK, I was wrongish, search can be helpful though

Sorry, wrong sub, late, been a long day, brain ****, there are threads that have covered this, ask nBrowser how he has his
    Post edited by seabeerob213 on
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Curious, what is your use of the sub's, HT or music
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Just hook the cables to each "right" rca connectors on the subs
  • jd2357
    Options
    Thanks, I had a power surge that blew both of my Klipsch Subs out, So I just replaced them W/Polk Subs the old Subs had LFE but these new Subs don't. Just I'll just plug and play and see how they work.
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• jd2357
    Options
    Home theater I love the Movies!
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• seabeerob213
    Options
    I haven't gotten my ears on those, but a psw 505 or from hearsay a bic f12 are pretty damn good bang for your buck HT sub's under 200 a piece, I have 2 505s
  • jd2357
    Options
    I take it that connecting out to one Y cable then to the Right in on each sub With the HZ turned to max will act as a LFE , Correct me if Im wrong. ?
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• jd2357
    Options
    Hey seabeerob213 Thanks for the welcome! I see that you have your system listed, Im new on this site and I dont see how or where to list my stuff, Is it hiden the profile somewhere?
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• seabeerob213
    Options
    Vgview your profile, go to settings or edit, look for the signature button. You're welcome, sorry if I'm a bit of kilteer with my replies, its late here.
  • jd2357
    Options
    Hey seabeerob213 You Navy? I was A gunnersmate Fun wasn't it!
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• seabeerob213
    Options
    Up, I am, deployed to Camp Shields Okinawa currently,
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    jd2357 wrote: »
    Hey seabeerob213 You Navy? I was A gunnersmate Fun wasn't it!
    when did n you serve,, and thyhank in you for serving.

• jd2357
    Options
    1976 to 1984 South pacific, Chaina sea,& Indiian ocean's ,and u r wlcome!
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• jd2357
    Options
    Enjoy Your Duty Thanks for Your service too! I've met the seabees and they are a Tuff crew Have fun In Oki I've been there!
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• jd2357
    Options
    There is an error in the PSW10 owner's manual, there isn't an LFE input on that model. However, that shouldn't be a problem. All you would need to do is connect the single sub-woofer output, of the receiver, to either the right or left input on the sub-woofer (the sub-woofer's bass amplifier adds the two channels together so a connection to either one is fine). Or, if you prefer, you may use a "Y" cable to provide a connection to both inputs on the sub-woofer. While this doesn't change the sound quality it will allow the sub-woofer to play louder at each of it's volume control positions.
    The second thing you would need to do is set the variable low pass filter, on the sub-woofer, to the highest setting (the variable low pass filter is the dial that has "Hz" labeled). This will set the internal low pass filter above the low pass filter frequency given by your receiver and, in effect, create an LFE input. If you have any questions please telephone us at 1-800-377-7655 and we'll be happy to help.
    Regards, Ken, Polk Audio

This anouncement is very helpfull , But how do you connect 2 PSW10 Sub's ?? do you need 2 more splitters at the sub connections or do you connect single cable into the R or the L ??? I Will call Ken @ Polk and get the skinny on this and I will post his answer.
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    A single into the R will do. So just get a splitter from your sub out on your Onkyo and two sub cables connected to R and your good you could get a splitter and go L&R but not necessary unless you want to connect to R&L. What Onkyo are you running what's the rest of your gear? Welcome to the forum.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • jd2357
    Options
    I have an Onkyo:TX-SR674 I thought the R conection on both Subs would be ok W/ the HZ turned to full, My thought is that this connection would act as a LFE connection and let the reciever do all the work for sound quility. I just don't want to blow out my subs after just getting these, after a power surge blow out my old ones.
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• gudnoyez
    Options
    1283ezfopj9r.jpg

I ran downstairs here is a picture for you I got dual subs running a splitter from the Onkyos subwoofer out two sub cables one to each line level it don't matter which one. I bought all Audioquest splitters didn't need the ones going to the subs a single cable would work also but used the splitters going to both line levels anyways. If you use one line level your good.

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    Options
    Invest in a Panamax or a Furman power conditioner, or at least a good surge protecter! If you haven't already.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• jd2357
    Options
    Thanks I do have a pwr surge protection it protected everything else but my old subs where taken out anyway Thanks for the pic
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Also if your using both RCA inputs I believe you get a 3db boost in sound at any given gain level.

With my (non Polk) sub a Elemental Designs A2-300 that's one thing folks recommend doing.... I haven't yet though lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • jd2357
    Options
    Just got off the Phone with PolkAudio Tech support: Here is the Best way to connect 2 PSW108 Subs From an AV, 1 cable W/Spliter then 1 cable to each Sub connected to the R on each Sub. Set the auto taggle to Auto, The 0-180 toggle to your preference (Mine is 0). The second thing you would need to do is set the variable low pass filter, on the sub-woofer, to the highest setting (the variable low pass filter is the dial that has "Hz" labeled). This will set the internal low pass filter above the low pass filter frequency given by your receiver and, in effect, create an LFE input.
    Thanks to all for your input!!
    Surround L&R Klipsch
    Surround Back Klipsch

• seabeerob213
    Options
    jd2357 wrote: »
    Enjoy Your Duty Thanks for Your service too! I've met the seabees and they are a Tuff crew Have fun In Oki I've been there!

Dang, that was a minute ago, and we tend to be those whom play the hardest, butnim learning from the past, haha. This deployment has been alright, not near as fun as my tour in Sicily though. Good luck with your subs, as you can see, there are different ways, so do what sounds best to you.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    ask nBrowser how he has his

Disconnected, in storage.

Had?