Exodus

My vote for worst movie of the last decade. How can the same director do Gladiator and then put out this garbage ?

The whole movie doesn't even hold the story line of Moses. If your going to do Biblical stories, you don't change the story, period. Christian Bale sleep walked the whole movie in whispers with a few short bursts of shouting. He is not portrayed as a particularly spiritual man. God himself is portrayed as some egotistical revenge filled 3rd world dictator in the form of a boy. The movie itself is whitewashed of color to give the appearance of being shot in black/white but not so much so. Gaps all over in the story too.

Noah was terrible too, but this was even worse. My only conclusion can be that these movies where created to get people to question their faith, rather than try to bring a story of faith to life on the big screen.

Not even worth a dvd rental, and if it was free I still wouldn't watch it again.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,071
    Horrible for sure based on the reviews. I will never watch this one or Noah.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I have a rule that if its not 60% on Rotten Tomatoes, I don't go see it!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    gce wrote: »
    I have a rule that if its not 60% on Rotten Tomatoes, I don't go see it!

Rotten tomatoes ?? Dude, have you seen some of the movies they give good ratings for ? To me anyway, RT is a popularity contest, has zero to do with what constitutes a good movie.

Just like in audio, you have to take movie reviews also with a grain of salt. Heck, every movie coming out lately has "One of the best movies of the year" moniker attached to it by xyz magazine or some unknown reviewer.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I won't be buying the BR. While I like science fiction, for whatever reason, fantasy has never appealed to me.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited December 2014
    Well, I only look at movie reviews of movies I want to see and if it gets a 29% (Exodus) its a good chance its garbage. Now if I really want to see it I'll wait until I can rent it and then I'll say "damn I'm glade I didn't go see that". :s
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2014
    You coming out of the closet as a Fundamentalist, Tony? I thought you weren't religious, if so, what does it matter what they did to the story?

If one is religious, it MATTERS a LOT!

As for me, I haven't seen it so...who knows! I have no vested interest either way, except that I find it amusing that Batman is playing Moses? If so, is the Pharaoh the Joker? lol

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    cnh wrote: »
    You coming out of the closet as a Fundamentalist, Tony? I thought you weren't religious, if so, what does it matter what they did to the story?

If so, it MATTERS a LOT!

As for me, I haven't seen it so...who knows! And have no vested interest either way, except that I find it amusing that Batman is playing Moses? If so, is the Pharaoh the Joker? lol

cnh

Eh, not really a fundamentalist pal. Not really sure exactly what, but I rely more so on my keen sense of picking out B.S. when I see it.

...and yes, it does matter what they did to the story. Faith based stories of any religion should not be altered imho. Ever read a good book only to have it butchered when it hit the big screen ? Same thing here only religion to many is a serious subject to be tampered with and only succeeds at driving wedges between people when taking liberties with religious stories.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2015
    Does anyone see the irony of a movie star named Christian playing Moses?
    Carl