FS: DCM Time Window 1a's

Excellent condition, recapped with 3% Erse Metallzed Polypropylene's for the low value caps, NPE's for the high value caps, I am asking $270. I will add photos at a later time as right now I'm not on the machine that has them.

Comments

• Forgot to state, local pickup only in the greater Indianapolis area, you can PM me for details if you are interested.
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    Wow, for that price and in that condition I'd be on it if I were local! Just to hear what they sound like. I've read really good things about those. GLWTS.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • They image well have bass with extension into the high 20s with a compact transmission line design and a high waf. What is not to love about time windows.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,655
    Nice, nice loudspeakers... and those look great.

PS They also work surprisingly well with lower-powered amplifiers.
  • and a good place for the wife to place plants!
    Indy isn't THAT far away.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited December 2014
    2 Musical Plant stands for the wife?
    Nice looking GLWTS!!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • You guys are giving me nightmares...so many times I've had to use citristrip on a cabinet to remove plant rings and completely refinish a cab....ugh...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,655
    oxalic acid is good ring remover...
  • I have used that as well...'Deck Wash' is the common product. Have used it many times but it takes a million applications, dries out the wood, takes time, etc. etc. Rather than do that now I just strip that facet and restain it. The stripper removes everything including the stain and leaves bare wood. Lots of ways to skin the cat, just my newest and preferred way to do it.
  • These speakers are now sold. This thread can be closed. Thanks for the interest all.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,423
    mccarty250 wrote: »
    I have used that as well...'Deck Wash' is the common product. Have used it many times but it takes a million applications, dries out the wood, takes time, etc. etc.

You're doing something wrong in that case. Pure oxalic acid is used for removing dark/black rings/marks, but the finish has to be removed first.
    Rather than do that now I just strip that facet and restain it. The stripper removes everything including the stain and leaves bare wood. Lots of ways to skin the cat, just my newest and preferred way to do it.

Stripper will not remove dark/black rings/marks.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• It has for me repeatedly using citristrip i am speaking from repeat experience not conjecture. I do not have access to the pure product merely dilute form employed in deck brightener which takes me many applications.
  • My AR11 restoration...see top of cab in first photo 'before' with water rings, all manner of marks and imperfections. Second photo is post citristrip i.e. literally applied it in a thick coat and then scraped off and wiped with damp rag. Third photo (they attached out of order) is the actual speaker with citristrip actively on it. Final photo is the finished product post restain and poly seal.

odpn4ivv5bht.jpg
    8r0ibgxl2qk5.jpg
    6h3xs4b6kqjs.jpg
    tarqihglbgr4.jpg
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,641
    Very nice refinishing job!
  • Thanks Hawg...I've been doing it enough to get dangerous at it in the past few years.
  • F1nut
    Like I said, you were doing something wrong. You don't have dark/black rings/marks, you have white ones. Oxalic acid is only used for removing dark/black stains cause by a reaction with the tannin in wood. It will not remove white marks, so you were wasting time and money. For future reference in case you come across the dark/black issues, Oxalic acid is available online, one brand is Rainbow. It's also available at hardware stores sold under the DAP brand and labeled as wood bleach, not to be confused with the two part A/B wood bleach used for lightening the actual color of the wood and not to be confused with Clorox type bleach used to remove pigmented wiping stains and most dyes. Oxalic acid is a crystal, mix with hot water to a saturate solution. After it dries remove with wet rags or a shop vac followed by wiping clean with wet rags. All the residue must be removed. Do NOT breath the dry crystals or you will have a sneezing fit like no other.

It appears that your AR11's were originally finished with oil. You could have most likely applied a new tinted oil finish after a quick scuff sand with serrated 150 grit and covered up the white marks while restoring them to their original look all without stripping. Poly is not an appropriate finish for......well, just about anything. Even lacquer would be a better choice.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Another thing you could say is 'nice restore job that looks nice" which is what most people tell me seeing or purchasing something I've put effort into that came out looking nice.
  • F1nut
    I'm a pro and highly critical of even my own work.

President of Club Polk

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,600
    Would love to get my ears on those IMF's!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Many lessons in this thread.
    o:)
    mccarty250 wrote: »
    Another thing you could say is 'nice restore job that looks nice" which is what most people tell me seeing or purchasing something I've put effort into that came out looking nice.

• The IMFs are one of the speakers that inspired me to sell things off. Simply amazing. I also have some KEF 107s in transit that I am funding. I have some 105.2 as well as Fried Model R...I guess you could say that after I got a taste of British and British derived sound my tastes rapidlt changed.