$0.01 Sennheisers

Options
zingo
zingo Posts: 11,258
Yup... paid one cent for a pair of Sennheiser HD-429s. I was at Office Depot looking for a few things for our work Christmas party, and these headphones where on the clearance table. They were the only pair their, and had a sticker saying "20% Off", marked from $100 down to $80. Having on a few pairs for IEMs at my house, and never having owned a pair of Sennheisers (but having heard good things about these cans), I decided to get myself a little Christmas present. While checking out with the variety of items, the headphones scanned in at $0.01. I joked to the cashier, "I'll take 'em", and he commented that all their clearance items come up at that price, and then they manually have to enter the price on the sticker.

He scanned all the items, and when I went to pay, the system wouldn't proceed to the next screen. He called over his manager, and after he looked at the register, commented that those headphones had been discontinued from their system, and that they shouldn't even be in stock. The manager turned to me and said, "Merry Christmas, I'll have to charge you one cent for the headphones." I replied that selling them was very generous of him, and thanked him generously. He stuck his card with my receipt and said that next time I needed office supplies, to consider them; I will.

maxresdefault.jpg

Comments

• coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    Options
    That's awesome!
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    B)
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    Merry X-mas, Zingo! What a steal!

Good pair of $100 dollar cans for 1 cent! You can't beat that!

Enjoy!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • zingo
    Options
    Merry Christmas indeed! I have been listening to these a little bit, and they are pretty good! They have a very pleasant all-around sound, and don't seem to draw any negative attention to whatever you're listening to. Bass is full, vocals are clear, and treble is detailed; although not ultimately smooth. They seem to be a nice all-around pair of headphones, especially for the price... :wink:
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    All they did was give you an almost free taste.
    Kind of like crack. You'll be buying hd-650's in a month!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    What a steal! Nice grab man. I'd definitely go back there if you need anything office supply-wise. That would definitely earn my business!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • zingo
    Options
    They will have my business for quite a while as that manager is a smart guy.
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Options
    Awesome deal.
    That was very cool of them.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma