Merry Christmas To Me...

Options
Just ordered my Christmas present. Will be here tomorrow.

Little Dot MK II Tube Headphone Amplifier / Pre-amplifier

http://www.littledot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=816&sid=1b078c4ca519641ff86b0695ebb4fa4d

Cheers
HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    @ZLTFUL‌ This is what he just bought and loved it.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Actually, I got the Dot I. The only difference i the MkII is valve regulated on the power supply while mine is mosfet regulated.

Both are fantastic little headphone amps within their price points.

My advice is simple...
    Replace the small tubes (outputs) with GE JAN5654W tubes (can be had on eBay in sets of 5 for less than $20)
    The power tubes aren't as vital to sound quality but if you do choose to replace them, make absolute sure that it is a matched pair. There are reports of premature failures due to mismatched power tubes.

Also make sure that you run the power cable and the signal cable away from each other. If they are too close, you will get a bit of hum.
    If you use your phone as a source, run the charging cable and signal cable away from each other as well. The same issue is avoided.
    I am only talking a couple of inches is all.

Congrats on fantastic little headphone amp.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFUL
    Options

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Hey thanks for the advise. I plan to use a laptop and also the Oppo as the source. I will try and check if the Fiio E7 that I have can be use as a DAC only. Pictures coming latter.

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Irrenhaus
    Options
    Well just got it. Now lets burn in for the day.

7jdv3znnr1un.jpg
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Options
    Cool find, I like the price point too. Maybe I will try tube amp for that awesome price.
    Let us know what you think about it as soon as you get to play with it.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • Irrenhaus
    Options

I went ahead and order a matched pair of these ones:
    Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV
    Lets see how they sound.
    Cheers
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Jealous. Couldn't find the Voshkods anywhere but I have been extremely pleased with the GE JAN5654Ws.

• Irrenhaus
    Options
    Jealous. Couldn't find the Voshkods anywhere but I have been extremely pleased with the GE JAN5654Ws.

I found them at Yen Audio on E bay. I also got a pair of:

Electro Harmonix 6SN7 EH 6SN7EH

They are for my PreAmp.

Cheers