Polk 4 Shot Low Mic

Options
cbeastwood
cbeastwood Posts: 3
edited December 2014 in Customer Service
Hello,

I purchased a pair of 4 shots in Mid October 2014. I did not read the reviews, so that's on me. I probably would have went another route had I known that the product is defective and the only fix has to be sent from Polk. Totally not worth the 149.99

I do like the sound that comes through the headphones. What I do not like is the fact that on Xbox Live, no one can hear me. All of my voice communication comes through very light. I have to scream for people to hear me, and that's not a viable solution. I have 4 controllers, all updated. I have 2 Xbox one units, no one can hear me on either.

I contacted your customer service on October 31st via email. 5 days later they got back to me and told me to contact a different customer service, to request a boom mic be sent to me. I did that on 11/5/2014.

On 11/15/2014, I sent an inquiry to customer service. I got a reply back on the 16th and they told me they would look into it for me. I've never recieved a response via email since the 16th of November.

I called the support number on 11/16. A man answers and simply says "Polk". I explained my situation to him, and he said they are on back order, and should be in stock within the next few days, and that I would be emailed the tracking info when they shipped. His overall tone of voice was one of someone who did not want to be answering customer service phones. He never left his name, never took my info, etc.

Today is 12/1/2014. No one will reply to me via e-mail. I sent a tweet today to your main twitter account, and as of yet no response. I'm posting here, because I feel as if I have wasted 150 dollars and almost 2 months of time trying to get a resolution to my issue.

Originally my plan was to get the 4 shots in October, and told my wife I wanted the N1 sound bar for Christmas. At this point I'm nervous about purchasing the soundbar, simply because if something goes wrong with it, I don't feel as if I would get a resolution in a timely manner.

Any help that someone on this forum could provide would be greatly appreciated. I paid good money for a set of headphones, and they don't work. I'm outside of the return policy at the store I bought it at, but as it was not a Polk Audio store, it is not their responsiblity to replace a product that is obviously defective out of the box, and should have been pulled or recalled long before I was able to purchase them.

I'm not trying to get over, or get anything for free. I just want a working set of headphones in exchange for the 149.99 I paid.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on Polk's forum, it goes without saying that I'm sorry the headphones didn't work properly. The solution that seems to correct the problem is the use of a boom microphone. The difficulty is that Polk exhausted their supply and is waiting for a shipment to arrive. I don't know what happened when you contacted Polk's CS department, but your experience shouldn't have happened. For this I apologize on their behalf and will work to help solve the problem.
    If you can send me a message with your name, address, telephone number I will make sure you are correctly entered in their system to receive the microphone. From information I received today I understand they are expected to be able to be shipped within two weeks.
    Again, it's a fine product backed by a great company, let's work this out.
    Regards, Ken
  • cbeastwood
    Options
    Thank you, I sent you the info. I do love the sound I get from the headphones, but I play a lot of Destiny and Call of Duty with friends, and being able to communicate is important.

Again, thank you for the response, and I hope it works out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for sending me the information, I will make sure everything is correct and that you get the microphone as quickly as possible.
    Regards, Ken