Lost Polk SDA SRS2s

The person I trusted to story my SDA SRS2s gave them away to a resale shop in Houston because his wife told him to.
I am desperate to find another pair and he says he will pay for them.
Looking for a pair in very good condition. Mine were in the original packing and boxes
I can arrange pickup in Austin, Houston, San Antonio and will consider paying for shipping.
Many thanks for your help.

Comments

• PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited October 2014
    Okay did you go around to the resale shops and look for them? How could they not know which resale shop they gave them to?
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    story

Freudian slip, eh?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• He remembered the resale shop and I checked. They were long gone.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Why would your pal not tell you before he gave your speakers away? :\ I would certainly think he must have known what they meant to you, no?

Maybe while you're out there looking for replacement speakers, you should pick up a pair of big boy pants for your buddy! :p

• He would do anything his wife told him-without question. I lost.
  • Yeah Gary. Close to where I will be when I move back and sounds like a man to trust.
    Many thanks.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    He would do anything his wife told him-without question.

Thus my comment about picking up a pair of big boy pants for him.

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    He would do anything his wife told him-without question. I lost.

Up to and including shooting himself in the head......
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,451
    Wonder how much he got for them
    Randy/Maine
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    If you get them back I will hang on to them for you. Sounds like your ex friends old lady is something else probably needed the money to pay off the Kohls credit card, makes you wonder why you gave them up in the first place. Happy hunting :'(
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • I had known him for 20 years and until now never had any reason to doubt his trust worthiness.

He got nothing for them. Gave them to a charity resale shop. I checked.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    I had known him for 20 years and until now never had any reason to doubt his trust worthiness.

He got nothing for them. Gave them to a charity resale shop. I checked.

I can't believe he wouldn't have contacted you first and given you a chance to come and pick up YOUR speakers.

Small Storage Units are very reasonably priced, considering what it's going to cost to replace a pair of SRS 2's, even without the original cartons.

• pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,512
    This is just wrong. This is just nuts. All I'm gonna say.
    If I say more I be banned. :#
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • boston1450
    Let me know when his wife has other items she wants gone :smile: sorry to hear of your lose. Good luck on your search. Im sure your long time friend just had things happen. We all do. When i was with my first wife i was young & pvssy wiped too. Live n learn
    Randy/Maine
  • I couldn't believe it either when he told me he gave the away. It was a crazy time in his life and it still makes me ill. I was going to build my new vintage US system around them.
  • boston1450
    edited November 2014
    A friend borrowed a Craftsman tool thingy that held sockets & wrenches in it-i had. He called me up later that day & said his wife drove off with them on the trunk of car. When she got home he backtracted to find them. With no luck. He called & told me. I laughed so hard. He didnt have finances to buy more & i told him i wanted a different set anyways. I still laugh about it till this day every time we talk about it 20 years later
    Randy/Maine
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
  • Joseph,

That's a raw deal all the way around. I can't imagine a sound justification for what your friend did here, but people do all kinds of absolutely insane things.

Good luck on finding suitable replacements.

Mark
    SDA SRS, SDA SRS1.2TL, SDA-1C,SDA 2B, Soundcraftsmen Amplification (A5002s, MA5002s, MA5002As)
  • I am passing the search for the replacement speakers to Gary from Sounds Good To Me in Houston. He is in a better position to negotiate a purchase, check the speakers out and then sell them on to me.
    Many many thanks to you all for all of your comments.
    Many many thanks Gary for searching for the replacements
    Joseph
  • nikonik
    nikonik Posts: 120
    Bummer! Hope you find a set.
  • He would do anything his wife told him-without question. I lost.

Man that must be some goooood &****$y. I believe I would tell the guy that you need a sample in his efforts to START making it up to you.
    If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of Progress?!

Monitor 5Jr, Monitor 5, RTA12, RTA 15TL, SDA 2A, 1c, SRS 2, 1.2TL, CRS, Atrium.
  • gdb
    I've got some (pin/blade) 2's that are not currently in use but, I'm thinking that I prefer them over some SRS2.3TL that I acquired a year ago. I just might get "ambitious" and stage a side by side shootout. The 2s don't come up too often, I think the production numbers may have been pretty low on that model, not really sure. Good Luck in your quest for better friends and lost speakers ! :)
  • Thank you gdb. Lots of Polk lovers are sending good wishes.
    But nothing is site right now.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    gdb wrote: »
    I've got some (pin/blade) 2's that are not currently in use but, I'm thinking that I prefer them over some SRS2.3TL that I acquired a year ago.

I'm surprised by this preference. What about the 2.3TL's do you find lacking in comparison to the 2's?
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Too large for my living room.
  • Really sad to hear about this loss of a nice pair of speakers. If you were closer, I have a nice pair but they are blade/blade and I am up North. I truly enjoy these SDAs even though they aren't in my main rig.

Good luck with your search!
  • gdb
    Too large for my living room.

Huh ?? 2.3TLs have virtually the exact same "footprint' and are maybe all of 3" taller than SRSIIs, IIRC. The additional 3" height would be a deal breaker ???
  • gdb
    drumminman wrote: »
    gdb wrote: »
    I've got some (pin/blade) 2's that are not currently in use but, I'm thinking that I prefer them over some SRS2.3TL that I acquired a year ago.

I'm surprised by this preference. What about the 2.3TL's do you find lacking in comparison to the 2's?

Not really sure, at this point it's all based on recollections. I spent a lot of hours in front of the 2s and really came to enjoy them a lot. The stock silver tweeters weren't terrible to my aged-compromised ears and everything sounded clean and smooth. The TLs almost sound a little too "crispy" in comparison. One possibility that I need to eliminate is that my aged/un-serviced CDP-preamp-amp are not the cause of the sound being different. A side by side comparison is in the immediate future. If nothing else, I may use a pristine Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer in the chain and see what effect that'll bring. I'm also trying to decide if I want to take the chance that I'll not see $300 worth of RDO tweeters as an improvement. (to my ears) If the TLs "win", there'll be a set of 2s up for grabs in Maryland possibly.