Mapleshade????

cmy330go
cmy330go Posts: 2,341
edited February 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Does anyone here have experience with Mapleshade Clearview speaker cables? I did a search of the forum but didn't turn up a whole lot.

Here is their site if you are interested in checking it out.

Mapleshade

They have a 30-day money back policy. I am thinking about trying them out, but thought I would check here first.

Later
HT
Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
Post edited by cmy330go on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    edited February 2004
    I've no personal experience with them, but Mapleshade has a good rep in general.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2004
    Does anyone have any other their CD's? I have been on the website many times but never bought anything, interesting to say the least.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2004
    Looks like they have all the snake-oil covered... :D

Like this one especially:
    Silclear
    Silclear is the first-ever silver contact lube optimized for good sound... Now availble in cherry and three other fruit flavors...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2004
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Looks like they have all the snake-oil covered... :D

Like this one especially:
    Silclear
    Silclear is the first-ever silver contact lube optimized for good sound... Now availble in cherry and three other fruit flavors...

Hear Hear...:)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2004
    SteveinAZ picked up some of their resonance control products.....the Conepoints and Heavyhats. He liked them very much if I recall correctly. They are well made products, but I wouldn't really fret about the other stuff.

I don't particularly care for their wording in the explanation of some of their aftermarket products, but that's just me.

The recordings however are said to be stellar, and well mixed but it's a small catalog.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited February 2004
    Eh, mapleshade resonance control products really leave a lot to be desired. I use products from a company called Penn. They have a small audio operation that is really more of a side-project to their main industry, but I believe they are trying to transition into it and take a larger share of the market over the next few quarters.
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2004
    LOL I think Orange would look good also, :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    edited February 2004
    Cer,
    It took a lot of balls to post that...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2004
    The Mapleshade speaker cables are the closest in design you can get to the famed Polk Cobra cables.

I have them on my short-list for purchase, along with some Heavy Hat's for my cave CD player (using the Cardas blocks under).

The isolation products they offer are GOOD products, at reasonable prices. You should at least *try* them on a cd source - while it hasn't been night and day - I have noticed subtle differences (for the better) experimenting with isolation / decoupling. I guess I'm trying to say it's not ALL audio voodoo / doodoo - you're upgrading the stock feet, and adding weight to help null bad vibes.

I run all my preamps with a set of Vibrapods now, can't say the affect is there - as it was with the cdp's - but they are still in use.

If you want to use Tennis Balls, you need to do 2 things first. Cut them in half to give a flat, stable surface on the rack-side. Second, place them directly under the bottom of the player, not under the 'cheap' stock feet - they are what you are trying to take out of the loop. Racquet (?) balls are popular too.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ceruleance
    edited February 2004
    Cer,
    It took a lot of balls to post that...

Damn right, 2 pairs if I count correctly
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited February 2004
    Yep, I bought Mapleshades' heavyhats and conepoints; very reasonably priced and very well made. Aside from others opinions on their cables, i have no personal experience with them. I'm an Audioquest fan.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Ceruleance
    edited February 2004
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN

If you want to use Tennis Balls, you need to do 2 things first. Cut them in half to give a flat, stable surface on the rack-side. Second, place them directly under the bottom of the player, not under the 'cheap' stock feet - they are what you are trying to take out of the loop. Racquet (?) balls are popular too.

Cheers,
    Russ

Actually the main purpose is seperation for heat dissipation purposes, which explains why I will not cut them in half (plus then what would I do when I want to play tennis??? :D) , and why I put them under the stock feet and not right on the chassis where I had them originally. The 'cheap' stock feet are actually machined brass as far as I can tell ala mapleshades' products. The balls are stable because the stock feet have an indentation in the middle and the bottom of the balls rest between slots on my heatsinks, so it doesn't roll when pushed, just oscillates, which is ideal.

Yup, so flame on, I can defend. The only issue is that I may need more seperation because the amp runs so hot even at low levels. Maybe I will upgrade to softballs :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2004
    I didn't even consider the space-heater you have under it.

Actually, some Nerf footballs might work better for you. ;)

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Tour2ma
    edited February 2004
    Cer,
    Clearly you are using old, soft balls. Have you tried newer balls that still have fuzz on them? They should also be much firmer...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Ceruleance
    edited February 2004
    Cer,
    Clearly you are using old, soft balls. Have you tried newer balls that still have fuzz on them? They should also be much firmer...

Excuse ME Sir, but I will absolutely NOT tolerate comments relating to the relative softness or firmness of my balls. Thank you very much.

and on that note, I also refuse to comment on whether or not my balls have 'fuzz' on them
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2004
    Wow if I had only known where this was going to go when I posted it. :eek:
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2004
    I feel funny......
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2004
    I think I'm having an identity crisis. For all confused parties (including myself), cmy330go works with me and replied with my name logged on a couple posts up.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited February 2004
    ZIG-ZAG is all i have to say...and no not the brand you smoke :D
    Life without music would