Hit the 1000 Mark Last Night!! (CD's Ripped to my external HD)

Options
13»

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Actually Harry, that is how it is spelled across the pond.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,084
    Options
    ^^^^
    Never too old to learn something new, Joe. Thanks for letting me know.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,528
    Options
    off site backup is a very good idea!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,168
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »

Not as good as on site backup 😉
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options

What if your site gets burned to the ground?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I backup my hard drive to three other drives. Two I keep inside, and the third in my car trunk.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,195
    Options
    Wow this is an old thread! I'm wondering what the opinions out there are on what software you use to do the ripping.......like Windows Media Player (Windows 10) vs say Cyberlink Power2Go (Lenovo computer also came with this one). Any perceived or measured differences in quality of end result? Has anybody ever used different programs and checked the hashtags of the resultant files to see if they are identical?

Maybe it's just my OCD (lol) that makes me wonder about these things but if I'm going to digitize my entire CD collection I want to do it right.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • GospelTruth
    GospelTruth Posts: 403
    Options
    I use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to rip my CDs. It gets the information of the CD from the internet and can bring in artwork as well.

It's free.

You can choose parameters on how to pull the information from the CD as well. You can set Error recovery quality to ensure that you have "bit for bit" copy of the music. I set my quality to High here to ensure things are ripped the best. It does take a little longer, but I find it worth it.

You can rip to flac or wav format depending if you want to compress the files or not.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Just my two cents on what I have used for my music collection.

Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,168
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

What if your site gets burned to the ground?

Drives are in a fireproof safe..but haven't updated that project in a year. More work to do.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!