Kicker, Infinity, Polk what subz should I get?

Options
phd500
phd500 Posts: 75
edited January 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well I am trying to figure out what subwoofers to go with. I am thinking about either 3 12" Kicker L7's, 3 12" Infinity kappa perfects, or 3 12" Polk Momos. I plan on runing these with a JBL bp 1,200 watt amp. I was thinking maybe latter on down the road that I would buy a 4th woofer(of whatever brand I choose from the ones above) and a 2nd 1,200 watt JBL amp. So then I could put two 12s on each amp. What do you think I should go with? Is my idea about adding the 4th woofer and other amp a good one? Would the single amp setup be compition worthy?
Post edited by phd500 on

Comments

• polkaudiosupra101
    polkaudiosupra101 Posts: 48
    edited December 2001
    Options
    and you probably know this but, as far as competition goes it probably will need other adjustments to your setup reguardless what brand you choose. and just do a little research on personal webpages on people who have these brands. each brand offers different specs. for example i believe momos are popular for their requirement of small air space in their box. as far as the other brands go im not really sure but ive heard really only good about kicker for hard bass and ive never even seen an infinity sub' i do not believe so anyways, but ive had bad experiences with most of their speakers and i never buy infinity because they distort easily but their speakers might have nothing to do with their subs so thats your call. good luck

scott
  • Slicker
    Slicker Posts: 1
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Go Polk all the way! I would say no one amp on either 3 or 4 subs wouldn't be competion worthy. I just bought 2 12" Momos 3 days ago and I power them w/ a JL Audio 500/1 and they are awesome. If your running 3 or 4 I warn you...you'll get tired of them. I was running 4 MTX Thunder 8000's w/ 2 1000d MTX amps and I never turned it up after the second month. Look at me now...I went back to two 12's!
  • sc0tty8
    sc0tty8 Posts: 69
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I would go with either infinity or polk...leaning more twards polk. Kicker is not the greatest from what peeps tell me. The MOMO's are hella sexy:D
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited January 2002
    Options
    i would go with momos
    ive heard the L7s arent as good as everyone expected them to be and i havent seen a lot of infiniti subs so i cant really tell you about them