Which would be better for HT??

Would Klipsch be better for HT than my Pios? I would consider Polk, but they are no longer available to purchase in my area ( online only...don't want to buy online due to recent bad experiences ). Would Klipsch be considered an upgrade?
My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

Comments

• generally speaking Kilpsch are better for movies. They are generally louder and more dynamic than Polks. The horn type tweeter imo is more harsh/bright. While the Polks are generally more laid back. Both are great speakers, its a Ford vs Chevy type of thing.

I love my a5's, as I have upgraded avrs, and then amps and now running bridged amps at 300w per speaker the sound has changed dramatically. What I am saying in so many words is dont get caught up in the "whos better" mentality. So many thing impact sound. If you like your Pioneers think about getting a better avr or maybe separate amps
    HT Rig Samsung 64F8500 |Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD|Pioneer Elite VSX-32| Two Carver TFM-15cb Bridged for mains|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15 Heights|Polk Audio FXia6 Surround|DIY 8cuft Dayton Ultimax 15" powered with a Crown XLS1000
    2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1BillD Mod|Carver M1.0t MkII Opt2|Pro-ject RM 1.3|SpeedBox S|AQ King Cobras|AQ Rocket88|
    ISF Level 2 Certified Calibrator
  • You provide no model numbers nor your setup so it's hard to say. Generally speaking, Klipsch is better than Pioneer speakers for the mainstream stuff. But this again is over simplified. If you are buying and asking for recommendations you also need to specify your budget. Polk's laid back... depends on the speaker.

Best advice... trying to get a listen somehow. See if there is someone in your area that has the speakers you are interested in. Go into stored and have a listen. You may end up liking or hating the Klipsch after an audition. Hard to say what your taste is until you have a listen. Research a bit too.

Have fun.
  • Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    Depends upon Klipsch model but I guess any model is better than those Pioneers.
    If they are reference series, they are very nice.
    Good thing about Klipsch is they don't need a lot of power so av receivers can drive them easily and gets loud.
    I have reference series for my home theater and they sound really good.

Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited September 2014
    I would over look the Klipsch synergy series. The reference line is a big step up.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    Unless it's ksp series.
    I had ksp-400, amazingly good.

Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    Are the previous Klipsch icon series identical to the new reference series that they now offer at BB? I ask b/c I can still get the Klipsch KB-15 at a big discounted price, but the matching center is not available, so I'll have to consider the new reference series center.
    My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    Don't be afraid to buy from Polk online, my entire HT setup from Polk was purchased online, no issues, 7 speakers, and 2 subs..
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2014
    Klipsch will make you cover your ears if you're NOT listening to a movie soundtrack!

I'd think about Polk Rti-A series before lower end Klipsch as a more "balanced" sound that is still DYNAMIC enough for HT. More dynamic than the Pioneers, at least the TOWERS are.

The Pios are a good "mix" of music and HT. They can do either, with music being more of a strength there.

And I agree with Larry above, there are some nice buys on Polk's ebay site, look for the link on the Hpage!

**Correct me if I am wrong: but WHERE did this LINK "disappear" to? Why is it MISSING from the Polk Homepage, I wonder?

http://stores.ebay.com/Polk-Audio-Direct

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    I was wondering where that link went to as well. Thanks cnh. I gave a listen of those Klipsch today...too bright for my tastes. I founda way to make my pios more "dynamic" sounding by upping the xover settings on my AVR...lighten the bass load on the AVR so more power can be used for the rest of the sound spectrum.

• If you buy from Polk's Ebay store you will get a warranty and excellent customer service. I have never heard of anyone having an issue. From everyone who has said they bought from there (bought some LSi7s myself) their remanufactured products are like new. And I am sure (based on many people's experience) that if there was an issue then they would make it right.