new pics of my system...

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited February 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
well...of my 4x6s at least...you get a peek of the box as well as the back wall where my amps are...the amp shown is the 350S
they are kenwood eXcelon KFC-468C
i cannot speak enough of these 4x6s...they have truly exceeded my expectations BY FAR
hopefully this works...
531337_1_full.jpg
531337_2.jpg
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    edited February 2004
    ill have more pics up by the end of march
    if its finished or not...ill have pics of everything by march
    theres not a lot to comment about these pics...lol
    "wow, that sure is a nice install, it mustve taken 30 seconds to put all four of the screws in the speakers"
    all i can say is...that 350S is one of 4 amps that are screwed into the back wall
    theres about 1800 watts RMS running through this truck
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2004
    Hey I dig it bro. Im a big fan of "stealth" systems. An **** load of fiberglass is cool for the car shows but there is something cool about NOT being able to see a set up. It also increases the odds that itll be there along with your windows when you return to your truck after parking at the mall for a couple hours.

I may even go a step further and take a pass on using components up front. Thats mainly due to my love for my Momo 6x9s. I keep bitching about them for slight lack of detail but I just love how warm they sound. Metal sounds incredible on these things. The interior of my beloved Dodge is so cavernous that proper imaging will be a **** to get right anyway so I may just say to hell with cutting holes in my doors and dropping $300 for some MM6s when my MM690s are performing great. Ill just get a bigger amp and maybe that will push the extra detail out of em! LOL
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited February 2004
    thank you, the panels are back up now...
    the back seat fits on top of the sub box
    ill take a pic of that pretty quick b/c everything about that is done...the pic im waiting on is of the amps
    im thinking about taking the grilles off
    sometimes the surrond hits the grille and makes it sound like ****
    they had a recall on subs that hits the grilles, and the momos i had did this and i sent them back and now i have these
    but i think its b/c im putting 100 more watts than theyre rated at
    what ill probably do is just get a dremel and modify it
    ive had 6 subs...all momos...
    i had the original mm120s...cracked the spider on both of those...warranty...got 2 of the newer model mm12s....sent them back b/c of a recall...now i have my current mm12s
    and im extremely happy
    so ill try and get a pic with the back seat in sometime this week
    -Cody
  • rodney
    rodney Posts: 91
    edited February 2004
    your running the kenwoods off the HU right? do you have them crossed over? do they distort any?
    alpine cda-9857
    polk db6500
    polk ex369
    polk/momo mm104
    profile ap1040
    kenwood kac-7251
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2004
    Cody - Clean installs are my favorite. I look forward to more pics.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2004
    cody used to run the 4x6's off the deck, now they're off an RF Power 350S, cuz the cheese dick was too 'fraid of getting a Punch 200S (201S??) instead. :p

betcha he's much happier w/ them off the amp than the deck.

deck power is for pussies... aren't ya glad you're not a **** anymore cody-meister?

your's truly, vinnie the fish - the man who'll never do an install without an amp, and this is why his girlfriend doesn't have a radio in her truck yet, because the **** wanted a deck and 4 speakers, and i told her to go to hell and buy an amp or i wasn't lifting a finger.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited February 2004
    rodney-vince is right, i used to have them running off the deck, now i have them running off the amp in the picture (350S)
    when i had my old JVC head unit, they would distort at very high volume, im talking like 3 or 4 "clicks" from the highest point on the deck
    so volume goes to 40, on some songs it would distort at 36 or 37
    im not sure if i had bass blockers on them then...
    when i got my new pioneer head unit, (pioneer premier deh-p940mp) i know i had the bass blockers on, and i never could get them to distort...believe me...i TRIED to get them to distort
    lol
    theyre beautiful speakers to run off the deck
    BUT
    the thought of having 4 amps was too much...so i got the 350S...lol
    the 350S is overkill for these speakers
    its rated at like 90 watts per channel rms...the kenwoods are rated at 25 RMS
    im not sure exactly how much watts i have on them right now, but id venture to say 50-60...double the power theyre rated
    what i did was i just turned the rear speakers on, and turned the gain until they distorted with the volume at 35(goes to 40)
    when they distorted, i turned it down a tad
    from there i was going to adjust my sound stage...
    i like my sound stage to be right on top of me
    not in front of me, but eye-level and all around me
    and i was expecting to have to turn the gain down a little to accomplish that...but it worked out perfect...i didnt have to touch the gain at all
    im really excited about finally almost being finished with it
    to be totally done, i have to trim some power wire, glue some power wire to make sure it stays in place, screw in the other capacitor, link the capacitors, and replace the speaker wire to one of my subs
    im hiding all the wires except for the power wire and ground wire
    but the speaker wire to one of my subs is too short to do that
    i already have the speaker wire to do that...i just need to do it...
    dorokusai-thanks a lot, im very proud:)
    ill have at least one more pic up sometime this week
    and ill find the old pics of my components and post them as well...cuz that hasnt changed
    vince- lol...yes im glad im not a **** any more...
    speaking of ****...you call your g/f a **** to her face and you wont be getting any...
    -Cody
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited February 2004
    cody.,..least you did not puncture the surrounds while in stalling those speakers ;) that seems to be a common issue these days. + no injury to any animals in the process :):D
  • rodney
    rodney Posts: 91
    edited February 2004
    what kind of bass blocker did you use?
    alpine cda-9857
    polk db6500
    polk ex369
    polk/momo mm104
    profile ap1040
    kenwood kac-7251
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited February 2004
    thomas...yeah...i didnt kill any animals in the process...
    rodney-i used some cheap blockers off of www.crutchfield.com
    a bass blocker is a bass blocker
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited February 2004
    531337_3_full.jpg
    531337_4_full.jpg
    531337_5_full.jpg
    531337_6_full.jpg
    old pics...the components are still the same...the subs and amps are not
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2004
    actually a bassblocker is just a 2 cent capacitor... you can save the 14.99 that cructchfield / circuit city charges for bass blockers and just buy two electrolytic capacitors from radio shack for $1.00 or $2.00 each.

hell if you buy in bulk, you can get that **** for 25 cents each.

anywho ... ya - i've called her a **** to her face only when she's really being one -- i'm not one for being mean to women or anything like that, but i do believe that if you're havin a fight with somebody and they're slinging insults at you then you can sling em right back.

she's been a real nightmare lately.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited February 2004
    wife beater!
    j/k
    the tweeter you sent me is on the passenger side...some day im going to get another momo tweeter...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2004
    oh sure! my tweeter isn't photo worthy!!!! bahahahahaha~!!

hey - least u got sound till u can dig up anohter one...

i'm still friggin tweeterless over here -- drivin around with no front stage is weird - i think i've gotten used to it -- odd.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited February 2004
    not that its not photo worthy...just that these pics were taken last year sometime...
    when i blew the tweeter my sound stage was totally **** too...
    but i kind of got used to it to
    then i got the dx tweeter you sent me and i was like holy crap...lol
    -Cody