Mazda 6 Bose amp HELP!!! No sound!!!

LILDRAGON
LILDRAGON Posts: 47
Hi... I need some help or sugestions. I was trying to install a 12 momo sub in a friends 2004 Mazda 6 w/ Bose system, car is about a couple months old. Well I ran all the power and ground fine for the amp. Then I had a dificult time trying to use a high low converter for the rca's. I then tapped into the rear speaker wires that came pluged in directly into the bose amp and also got the remote ground from there. This is all an inch away from the amp. Next he wanted to put a switch on the remote wire so that he could turn the amp on and off when he wanted, so I taped in the remote, to the switch, then to the amp. Everything was working fine for about a week, then disaster. The inside speakers would work intermitently, but the stock sub and momo sub would always work. Now a month later he has only bass and nothing else comming from the inside speakers. I pulled apart everything I installed and electrical taped everything I tapped into. Well the only thing I get still is just bass to the stock sub 2 out of 3 times when turing on the system, and I actually get music from the speakers 1 out of 10 times, when turning on the car. Does anyone have a clue on what could be going on? Also do you tink it is the amp, since it does work every so often? Man this is killing me, trying to research stuff on the internet, the only conclusion I have so far is that the Bose amps suck, breaks, all the time. Well thanks for anyone reading this long **** paragraph and trying to understand it. If you need more info just let me know.
Post edited by LILDRAGON on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2004
    Originally posted by LILDRAGON
    the only conclusion I have so far is that the Bose amps suck, breaks, all the time.
    that or a blown fuse or bad ground somewhere would be my guess
    in order of which i think the problem is
    1. bose is crap
    2. ground
    3. fuse
    cant think of anything else...
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2004
    Need more info.

Are you running everything off a single Bose amp or do you have an aftermarket amp pushing the sub?

Are you using the stock head unit or an aftermarket.

If you are running 2 amps and the sub amp is the only one working and they are both running of the same power/gound/remote wires then it pretty much narrows it down to the amp you have pushing your speakers.

From the info you posted my first guess would be the relay. I would invest in a test light and check to see that the remote wire is actually hot. If not then dump the relay. You can wire the remote wire to a fuse that comes on with the ignition. I always used the radio fuse.

My 2nd guess would be to look at the ground wire. It may be coming loose or not have a good connection.

It could also be your line level converter but I kind of doub it. Ive used a bunch of these things back in the late 80s and early 90s on friends setups and have never had a bad one but nothing is fool proof.

If these suggestions dont help send us more detailed info on your setup and Im sure one of the guys in here can figure something out. Im not the smartest person in here by a long shot!

;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2004
    the bose speaker leads already ARE line out level.

the bose speakers have built in amps... so what you're doing is sucking off a line out lead, straining it, and hten cutting it down with the lineout converter... hence- bad.

i dont know what to tell u dude other than ditch the bose ****.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2004
    That sounds like the best idea. Dump all the factory **** period. go buy a couple Profile amps for $160 each and run all new cables. It will make a world of difference.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2004
    yeah... bose sucks.... never in my life will i opt for an upgraded factory sound system, it's a waste of your money cause i have yet to hear one worth keeping... although i've heard that the upgraded one that ford put in some mustangs was actually pretty decent...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • LILDRAGON
    LILDRAGON Posts: 47
    edited February 2004
    Hi I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's opinion and help. Here's what I found out so far, the sub is constantly working because somehow it is not hooked up to the amp under the seat. I read some more on the internet and found that the bose amps are crap and go out alot, due to bad caps. I am thinking of trying to find one on eBay, but my friend is going to try and take it to the Mazda dealer to look at. I sure hope they cover it under warranty, since their were minor modifications and cars only a couple months old. I do agree with everyone that Bose system sucks and not worth the extra money. All my friend wanted was to add more bass since the Bose 6.5 or 8" in the rear sounds like crap. Thanks again, this forum is great, with lots of great people trying to help each other out.
  • TheAudioSpectru
    TheAudioSpectru Posts: 57
    edited February 2004
    Ewwwwww...Bose...yuck
  • xmorganln
    xmorganln Posts: 1
    edited July 2009
    Although I dont have an answer to your problem LILDRAGON, i do have one of my own. I have an 04 Mazda6 non-bose audio and i believe i have a blown inline radio fuse. The only thing is, i have no idea where to look for it. The radio worked fine (hooked it up with rca's and the right colors, +,- etc.) until he hooked up the power wire to the battery from my amp. Now the radio won't work and I checked every possible fuse in that car, nothing is blown. Does anybody have any idea if and where the inline fuse is or even if there is one? Please help. Reply to this thread or email me at xmorganln@yahoo.com. any answers are greatly appreciated!