Musical Fidelity A3CR Amp

Options
In my short time in audio, I've learned that it is not always quantity but quality........in this case watts.

The Musical Fidelity A3CR power amp has 120W....would that be enough to be an end-game amp for my LSiM 705's?

Right now I'm in a state of fluctuation with my main rig. I'm selling an Anthem 225 integrated that sounded pretty good with the 705's, but not perfect. I'm considering going back to my B&K Reference 200.2, which I know will sound good, because I used them with my LSi15's.

But, now I'm considering a MF A3CR Pre and Power combo...

Please help!!

Thanks,
Paul
2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    The Musical Fidelity A3CR power amp has 120W....would that be enough to be an end-game amp for my LSiM 705's?

It might be, but only one way to find out.

MF makes very linear amps and the choke regulation is icing on the cake.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Very musical amplifier, linear and authoritative. You can buy the A3CR with confidence. While it may not be my own personal end game amplifier, I can say with complete confidence that I went through 30 or 40 tube and SS amps before this one hit the rig and it has stayed ever since (for years). Can't speak for the pre though, never heard it before.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Is it powerful enough to push the 705s properly? I don't often listen at reference levels...but sometimes do.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Short answer ....yes.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I have the A5CR and even half the amp would be golden!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Is it powerful enough to push the 705s properly? I don't often listen at reference levels...but sometimes do.
    Well? Was it enough to push the 705s properly? B)
    (I'm helping Brian with his research, which will in turn help me with mine at some point.)

I disabled signatures.