Quesions on SDA 1.2's on Ebay?

Options
2»

Answers

• Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Well the good news is that you have them and at a very good price. So update them to get the full potential. I'm happy you finally received them. You wanted them more than me. I have a few limitations on the room placement but figured if I could get them at a low price why not try them. If I was 100% confident, I would have bit higher. Actually, I'm regretting I didn't bid more but I'm glad they're going to someone who will really appreciate them. Send pics when you get everything set up.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • nikonik
    nikonik Posts: 120
    Options
    Here are a few pics. The top edge broke and yesterday I opened them up to see the drivers numbers so I can order a few on Monday. I also removed the top panel so I can repair the broken piece. While I was taking it apart, I also removed the crossover panel and found the board hanging off the inductor. The four plastic pieces that hold the board broke. I think that these broke when it was dropped as the other side is still intact. As I mentioned earlier, there is fading on fabric but also on the front crossover panel. The rest looks good and even my 7 year old girl told me she like my speakers. I told her thanks baby girl and that someday they would be hers. She said, "Really"? So that was part of my plan as why I wanted another set. I have a boy and a girl. I want to enjoy them first and then when the time comes, I hope they take a part of me they can remember me by while enjoying the sound their ears desire. As Boston1450 stated, it would have turned into a life long nightmare thinking about these and there whereabouts. I was excited when I had heard they were in Seattle as I had already entered the life long nightmare and I didnt want to get my hopes up only to hear them say they really werent there. That was half the battle as I worried about their condition. They were packed well with extra padding on the corners but in the future, I will stick to Uship! Right now, I am just glad they are here and with a little bit of work, I am going to have fun. I added a pic of the 10Bs that were given to me. :)

imagejpg4_zps81cf2dce.jpg
    imagejpg1_zpse5a9528d.jpg
    imagejpg5_zps14249af2.jpg
    imagejpg2_zps773f2a70.jpg
    imagejpg7_zps840969bc.jpg
    imagejpg3_zps65b23c12.jpg
    imagejpg6_zps7795d414.jpg