Other than CsiA6 Center for RtiA7s.

Options
javygonx
javygonx Posts: 70
edited September 2014 in Speakers
Greetings:

Does anybody tried any center channel for RtiA7s other than CsiA6? Im looking for a 3-way center or a better center ranging from $200-350. I consider csiA6 is over priced and the only polk 3-way center prices for the LS are ridiculous.
Panasonic 65" Plasma
Pioneer SC81
PS4 BluRay / Memorex BD-Player
Polk RTiA7 Fronts
Polk CS2 Center
Polk RTi4 Surrounds
Eomtiva XRef12
Monster Power HtS 1600 Power Line Filter/Conditioner

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    The CSiA6 is more or less a 3 way as the 2 drivers output is different. It's an excellent center channel, especially for the price.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BurrInspector
    BurrInspector Posts: 83
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I agree with both of the above posts, I tested the CSI A6 with both A7's and A9's and found the A6 settled right in. I would just go with the A6.
    But if it feels like its over priced than I suggest you go instore and have a good play with it. Atleast for an hour. And than make a decision, timbre match is critical and its hard to find another centre that would match the A7's.
  • JDFx
    JDFx Posts: 36
    Options
    I just ordered a CSi5 (new with full 5 year warranty) from Polks ebay store for $250 after tax. Based on my research it is the same as the CSiA6 as far as specs and performance goes. It's simply the old cosmetic version of the CSiA6 (same as RTi12 are to the the RTiA9's).
  • carlnyhart
    Options
    JDFx wrote: »
    I just ordered a CSi5 (new with full 5 year warranty) from Polks ebay store for $250 after tax. Based on my research it is the same as the CSiA6 as far as specs and performance goes. It's simply the old cosmetic version of the CSiA6 (same as RTi12 are to the the RTiA9's).

Is the cherry a match to the rti12's cherry and do the rtia9's use the same cherry finish?
  • JDFx
    JDFx Posts: 36
    Options
    I have the RTi12's in cherry and I'm assuming (hoping) the CSi5 in cherry matches since they're both the same generation from what I can see.

I'm not sure if it matches the RTiA9's or not.
  • specd_out
    Options
    The cherry between the rti line and the rtia line are different. I had the csi3 in cherry and it did not match my rtia5's in cherry. My opinion is that the older line looks like a cherry wall paper where the rtia line has more grain and texture in the wood. just my $.02
    HT Rig Samsung 64F8500 |Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD|Pioneer Elite VSX-32| Two Carver TFM-15cb Bridged for mains|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15 Heights|Polk Audio FXia6 Surround|DIY 8cuft Dayton Ultimax 15" powered with a Crown XLS1000
    2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1BillD Mod|Carver M1.0t MkII Opt2|Pro-ject RM 1.3|SpeedBox S|AQ King Cobras|AQ Rocket88|
    ISF Level 2 Certified Calibrator
  • F1nut
    Options
    The RTiA's are real cherry veneer, the RTi's are cherry colored something.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ken brydson
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    the RTi's are cherry colored something.

Is that a technical term?

• F1nut
    Options
    Indeed.

President of Club Polk