Unable to open any docs

I'm unable to open schematics or any other docs in the Vintage Speaker closed thread. Anyone else having this problem?
"Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Comments

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Yup. Tried to open the 1B schematic. I think the links don't have proper formatting. When the popup box opens, it describes the file as five numbers and ".attach" which isn't right.

"12345.attach" isn't a valid file name.
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Yessir it sux. I had to go to Trey's web site, Vr3mods to pull up a schematic. They're in Ray's SDA compendium.
  • Schurkey
    edited August 2014
    I tried this again. I downloaded (saved) the same file--for the 1B. Once saved on my desktop, I changed the file name from "five numbers.attach" (31011.attach, in this case) to "five numbers.pdf". The file then opened properly.

So: This will be easy to fix, but until then, just download and change the .attach to .pdf and all is well.

I've sent another e-mail to Bruno. He fixed the background image, I'm sure he'll take care of this, too.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    I works now - I was able to open and download schematic for CRS+ and didn't even have to change the file name.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Schurkey
    None of the ones I tried--including four for the CRS+--would open.
  • Schurkey
    I don't know what happened, but it's working for me now.

Is anyone else still having problems? I think this is now "Fixed".
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Great, I may someday want to go back down vintage ave. but no plans as of now!! I used to love looking at the old vintage links and can't find them anymore??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I noticed there was no links to the Vintage Polk speakers anymore also :( I enjoyed checking out the pic's there.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD