Is it just me?

Options
Pastor Bill
Pastor Bill Posts: 130
edited August 2014 in The Clubhouse
Or does there seem to be a lot of spam on the forums lately?
Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

NAD 7140, Fried Model Qs, Pioneer PD-4700
Post edited by Pastor Bill on

Comments

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It's not just lately. Hopefully the new site will be more secure.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,120
    edited August 2014
    Options
    What you need is SUPER SPAM KILLER.

Clinically proven to eliminate SPAM on Windows, Mac, I-Phone, Android, most Nav systems, Refrigerators and Crystal Radios.

Just reply to this post with your SS # to receive a free, no obligation trial package!
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited August 2014
    Options
    They know the forum is changing so they're getting all the spam in they can.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2014
    Options
    gce wrote: »
    They know the forum is changing so they're getting all the spam in they can.

I doubt they know that!

But Club Polk may want to consider renaming itself: Club Spamalot! There are "days" when the spam is actually some of our "best" threads! lol

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2014
    Options
    With all due respect, you've been here a month.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Usually the mods catch it instantly during the week.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited August 2014
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    I doubt they know that!

I kid....:razz:

spamalot488x240.jpg
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Pastor Bill
    Pastor Bill Posts: 130
    edited August 2014
    Options
    With all due respect, you've been here a month.

Very true and no disrespect is intended. Apparently, some of the other boards I frequent must have other things in place or are more heavily monitored, since less spam is seem. As others have said, maybe some of the new modifications will address this.
    Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

NAD 7140, Fried Model Qs, Pioneer PD-4700
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It's obvious which threads are spam and the mods delete them quickly. Not sure why they bother some folks, I barely notice them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk