Sub/amp advice needed

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have 2 mm12 subs running off of an 851s power (officially 856 rms). It seems to be that the subs used to be much louder, i checked the wires and they are all attached the same as always (unless there's a kink or something.) I can get the subs as loud as they used to be but in order to do so i have to pump my cd player (Alpine with Vdrive.) Did something wear out or did i install something wrong?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2004
    It could be a few things.

Your battert or alternator may be going so the amp may not be getting as much juice as it used to.

It could also be that the amp is giving up the ghost. I doubt it tho cause RF makes near bulletproof amps.

Maybe the enclosure has sprung a leak somewhere and is not air tight anymore.

You may also be going deaf!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2004
    Well i'm not so sure about a leak in the boxes since they are airtight. i just bought a Rock/fos battery hoping it would fix the problem and nothing changed. I hope the amp isn't dying seeing as how it's not even a year old. And finally, i don't think i'm going deaf because everything else seems just as loud, it's just i have to really crank it to get any decent bass.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2004
    try adjusting the gain setting
    -Cody