MM10 w/ Audiobahn A4002T Watcha Thnk?

jakedubb
jakedubb Posts: 31
edited February 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
OK guys here goes........

Just bought my first MM10 (finally). Also bought an Audiobahn A4002T (Class A/B, 200x2 @2, 100x2 @ 4, bridgeable, 3 way, bass boost on/off, blah, blah, blah). This will be bridged and all pwr going to MM10. Whatcha think? I've heard VERY mixed reviews about Audiobahn, but went w/ it anyways. Seems to have everything I was looking for, and an optional bass remote and diqital V meter.

My mids/tweets are Phoenix Gold TX6.5 (Tantrum X) 70-140w Comp. speaks. Powering them is a new Rockford 201S (50x2 @ 4, 100x2 @ 2, switchable from 0db to 6, and 12db). I'm thinking that the 201S was a BAD mistake :( Whatcha think? Best option for wiring these mids/tweets? I need as much pwr. as poss. w/ these mothas! I have a feeling that I'll be adding 6x9's someday soon.........

HU is an Alpine CDM-9801 (CD changr comp.)

RCA's I went w/ Stinger Bullet Series

X-overs are Phoenix Gold (switchable from flat to +3db)

Pwr wire is Phoenix Gold 8 guage to Stinger dist. block. Should I have gone w/ 4 or 0 guage? Thought so! I had the 8g from prev. install.

Whatcha Think? Where did I go wrong? Best wiring opts? Shoot me down or tell me that I'm a golden god! Just asking for opinions!

Oh ya this is going in my 96 S10 P/U (std. cab) Don't care if passenger doesn't have room! FUGGUM! L8
Whatup?
Post edited by jakedubb on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2004
    youre going good when u got the S10 for one thing...not a fan of small trucks...but hey, its a chevy
    otherwise
    i wouldve gone with 4awg
    im not sure how good ur RCA's are, but Street Wires is what I go with
    the ZN 3.0s, 6.0s are worthless...theyre good, but not worth the price tag
    the RF amp might be a little small
    a RF power 450S is probably the "ideal" amp if you wanted RF
    im not a big fan of audiobahn, but ive never had any of their equipment, just gone on what i heard
    i dont like the way they look though
    and im not a big fan of alpine...but i think everyone else in this forum here likes 'em
    -Cody
  • jakedubb
    jakedubb Posts: 31
    edited February 2004
    I appreciate your $ .02 worth. I'll see how all components sound and operate. By then payday will be upon me once again. Might just have to do a couple of changes. Should be OK for now. Even though I'm not gonna be satisfied till everything is "the ****". First major system in years. I'll just keep adding! I haven't had much of a chance to check out the sight yet, any picts. or ideas for cutting out rear wall? I'd like to put everything in the bed of the truck, soon!
    Whatup?