Foiled again.

Options
Pastor Bill
Pastor Bill Posts: 130
edited July 2014 in Vintage Speakers
Had my beady little eyes on a pair of Monitor 4 bookshelfs, via Ebay. Didn't seem to be much interest through the entire process. Thought I might have secured them for $55 including shipping...but was "sniped" in the last five seconds. Thus, it was not to be. Foiled again.
Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

NAD 7140, Fried Model Qs, Pioneer PD-4700
Post edited by Pastor Bill on

Comments

• TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I sold a pair of 4's locally last week for $40. Still have 2 pairs of 7's. One pair I'll keep for now, but the early pair with peerless I'll probably put on my local tri cities tn craigslist soon. Shipping on the bigger speakers makes the cost to buy out of state almost not worth it. Shipping to FL would probably cost around $75 plus $125 for the speakers and you see why finding something local would be your best bet.

Keep your eyes open and you will find something local soon enough.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,083
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Agreed! Unless you are willing to drive North a little bit. I would imagine Atlanta area CL would have a lot on it. LOL!
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Pastor Bill
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Xjghost:

I hadn't given Atlanta any consideration. Hmmm. (That's about a 5.5 hour trip, though.)
    Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

• xjghost
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Oh yea that is a bit far. What about Orlando? Is that the CL you are looking on? Jacksonville should have a lot too I would think.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

• Pastor Bill
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Got a few leads in both these areas.

• xjghost
    edited July 2014
    Options

Sweet GL! I spent a lot of time on CL trying to find 7's or 5's for rears for my system. Persistence finally paid off.

• Pastor Bill
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm a little digitally challenged. Took me a while to figure out how to do an "advanced search" which would limit results to within 50 miles of Gainesville. That saves me a bit of time.

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Tampa will have activity as well, if you want to take a ride over to the nicer side of the state :cheesygrin:
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,473
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Florida. Ive seen tons of beautiful Polks in Florida on the bay. Buy & do the local pickup & save some $$$. Bound to see something pop up. Good Luck
    Randy/Maine
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Sci-fi Polk Guy Posts: 194
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Im in yhe tampa bay area (holiday) have 5jr+'s, mod'ed and another pair unmod'ed, m4's alsonot trying to sell might work it out.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Pastor Bill
    edited July 2014
    Options

• Pastor Bill
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Im in yhe tampa bay area (holiday) have 5jr+'s, mod'ed and another pair unmod'ed, m4's alsonot trying to sell might work it out.

Sent you a PM.