Options
2»

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    edited July 2014
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »
    Gotta love the library for investigating new music. Next time you're there, check out a fistful of CDs. Ask to speak to the librarian in charge of purchasing music to give him/her a few tips as to what bands/types of music their patrons (you!) are interested in.

Nice thread, by the way.

Thanks!

My town library has an amazing A/V section. They get all the new bigger budget movies on DVD, no Blu-ray. They have so many CD's that they have run out of places to store them. You can check out 20 at a time and keep them for four weeks. But as of 14 months ago, they have completely stopped purchasing CD's. The only new one they will get will be from personal CD collection donations. From now on, it's strictly going to be downloads. And Freegal only carries Sony record company music. They have probably only 20% of the music I am interested in. Wish they were FLAC files.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    And does the mean that my power conditioner wasn't cleaning everything out of the line?

You mean this one, Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000? You should try your rig without it and report back.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    edited July 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    You mean this one, Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000? You should try your rig without it and report back.

Yes, that one. Your favorite audio component of all time!

You know you've reached the big time when you can refer to your audio system as a "rig". High-five! There is absolutely no way I can make that cord bend into the wall outlet because it is behind the column on my stand that the TV is mounted on. It would take two people to move it and I'm a hermit. Kidding. I could plug the pangea into an extension cord. That's probably frowned upon.

I hate having to go back and fix auto correct on this dumb tablet. My TV is not mounted on a colon.
  • F1nut
    edited July 2014
    Options
    My TV is not mounted on a colon.

LOL

Seriously, find a way to get it out of your rig. I think you'll like the results.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I know what I can do sometime in the future. The banana plugs on my SC's are non-plated copper. The next time I take them out and clean them, I'll go ahead and disconnect everything and drag out my AVR, it's a bit of a pain, and move the AVR over near the side wall and plug it into another outlet, just to try it out. I got my SC's any extra two feet long (10 feet) just so it would give me more mobility if I relocate, or try out a different rack where my AVR wouldn't be on the bottom shelf. So moving my AVR over to the side shouldn't be an issue. I love how you hate Monster so much that you didn't even give me crap for listening to MP3's! All I know is your first name, I don't know your address. I'm going to make sure if something happens to me one day, that my Monster conditioner is sent to the Skipper, so he can send it to you. I'm willing it to you in case of my death. I bet you take a sledge hammer to it. Do you have an issue for using it for video components like a TV?

How do you clean the inside of the binding posts? The part that comes in contact with the nanners.
  • Hermitism
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I also have a Monster subwoofer cable, and toslink cable I use for my Dish receiver. Does that put me back to the bottom of the pecking order around here? When I bought them, I didn't know of any other brands to search for.
  • Hermitism
    edited July 2014
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Cleaning the inside of the binding post...maybe some nice firm plastic like pipe cleaners and De-Oxit ? Like chuck the pipe cleaner in a variable speed drill for speedy twisty motion (BE CAREFUL and use a length just long enough to bottom out in the binding post and get the drill chuck close to the end of the post.) spray a lil De-Oxit into the post and insert pipe cleaner, spin the drill to scrub, rinse with a shot or two of the cleaner and use canned air to dry it out inside (wear safety glasses just in case) Should result in a deep clean of the insides of the posts. Just don't do this to gold plated ones, soft pipe cleaner and hand work only on those.

I hate to have to ask this, but do you mean like pipe cleaner you use on PVC pipes and such?
  • Hermitism
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Pipes as in smoking pipes? My grandfather has something similar he used to clean his tobacco pipes. I loved the smell of those old pipes. I was in a mall a few years back and they have a tobacco shop inside and this old guy was smoking a pipe and it almost brought tears to my eyes thinking of my grandfather. It's funny how a smell can invoke such strong memories.
  • F1nut
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I love how you hate Monster so much that you didn't even give me crap for listening to MP3's! All I know is your first name, I don't know your address. I'm going to make sure if something happens to me one day, that my Monster conditioner is sent to the Skipper, so he can send it to you. I'm willing it to you in case of my death.

:lol:

President of Club Polk