speaker installation for tacoma

lancer
lancer Posts: 26
edited February 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 1997 Toyota Tacoma and thinking about replacing the front factory speakers. I think this truck has some issues with speaker depth. I did a search on Crutchfield and it did not bring polk speakers up as a possible replacement. Maybe this is due to the fact that the polks are deeper. What problems should I expect when installing speakers in this truck and what should I look for when buying speakers. Does anyone know the max depth of speaker I can use? The diameter is 6 1/2".
Post edited by lancer on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2004
    Go to Polks car audio home page and use their fit guide. It claims all 6 1/2 models will fit your rig. If youre still not sure go to Circuit City and talk to one of their installers. They have probably done more than a few installs on Tacomas and could tell you. My Rams doors are a little thin also but with a little bending, prying and creative engineering I got a pair of Momo 6x9s to fit and those things are freaking huge.

The Momos are by far the best sounding speaker Polk makes and I hope you could get those to fit. If not then the DB arent as big and will sound damn good.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D