AMP question (please reply)

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
what is a decent amp that can push 50-75 watts rms through 4 channels i can get in the $150 or loweer range, i saw a PROFILE CA640 or CL460, is it worth buying for only $112 or should i waste a little more and get something else.. please any suggestions are welcome
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited February 2004
    If you view it as a waste then keep your money and stick with the stock stereo.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    edited February 2004
    sorry i meant spend, and was just asking a simple question about if it was worth getting this amp or not?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2004
    With electronics, as with anything, you get what you pay for. Not to say a certain product isn't worth $****, but you sacrifice workmanship and quality of parts with a cheaper product. Profile's not a bad product. If they were, they'd be out of business. They just offer a more economical solution to a consumer's amplifier needs. If you're looking to have a long, meaningful relationship with your amplifier, save up a little and buy something you won't regret 6 months down the line. If you don't care so much, the Profile is a decent economy amp.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2004
    contrary to what Josh says, you do not always get what you pay for...bose for example
    but anyways, profile is not a shabby amp company by any means
    another budget amp i would consider is us acoustics, while i have had no person experience, they have 3-yr warranties, good specs, and a cheap price
    im a huge Rockford Fosgate fan, so check out their gear too
    nice stuff
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited February 2004
    The lower end of Kenwood's lines are easily affordable also and a good amp that should work well for a long time. Also, Pioneer has some economically priced amps that will perform fairly well. They are not as powerful as other amps in thier price range but they are clean and accurate which can make up for being a bit down on power.

As far as Profile goes, I have had a Profile amp for about 8 years now. It has powered numerous different speakers in both my cars and my friends cars. It has performed solidly and very reliably. It's powerful and clean and for the price, I'd be hard pressed to find a better amp. I don't think it is a bad buy in any respect.

USAcoustics is also a fairly decent company but I have heard of an equal number of problems as successes. I've never used them either but, from what I have heard from others, they are a solid performer and they do honor thier warranty so if you do have problems, they back up thier product.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2004
    Alpine's V Power series is also a good value. The 50x2 is $120, the 40x4 is $180 and the 200x1 (350x1) is under $200 as well. I have two of them and they are clean as a whistle. However they do lack grunt. But for the money its a pretty good deal. Halfway decent power and very good sound quality.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    edited February 2004
    thanks I appreciate everyone's input, this forum has been extremely helpful in buying my system.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing