Hello all....

Options
gregit
gregit Posts: 284
I have just begun my odyssey into the word of HT and I've come to one conclusion already....
Obsessiveness + HT = $$$$$$$$$$ + marital strife!!

I'm buying components a few at a time to be ready when construction on our home is completed in 3 months. I've had the game room pre-wired for 6.1 speakers and I have a question for all you experts.

My speakers are RTi10s (after reading the many threads on this forum, I returned the RTi150s I thought were such a great bargain :rolleyes: ), CSi5, PSW505, and 2 pair of RCi 60 ceiling speakers.

I will be positioning the ceiling speakers overhead of the ends of the couch and the center rear will be directly overhead the center of the couch. These speaks have aimable tweeters.

Will I be doing more harm than good installing that center rear, as it's positioning is less than ideal? Can I aim the tweeter to compensate? I may be able to move the couch off the wall a foot or so.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the polkaudio forum and look forward to picking your brains further when it's time to purchase receiver, etc...
Post edited by gregit on

Comments

• gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Welcome to CP!
    It looks like you have a very setup, the ceiling mounted center is fine. The main purpose of the surround speakers in HT is to create ambient sound. You can adjust the tweeter and the channel volume level to blend it when you have them installed.
    Graham
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2004
    Options
    You could also aim them towards the wall to further diffuse the sound.
  • gregit
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Given my location restraints, should I go ahead and install both sets of ceiling speakers for 7.1? When I make my receiver purchase I can go with a 7.1 model.

Thx
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Might as well, since you're gonna be up there. (Although it is far from necessary)

Regards,
    PolkThug
  • gregit
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I do appreciate the replies. I'll go ahead and put all 4 ceiling speakers in. At the least, I can take advantage of the new ProLogic IIx format.

btw polkthug..how do ya like that 2200? That's the way I was leaning. Also considering the RX-V1400 receiver.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Welcome to the Club, gregit. Always good to see another Texan 'round here.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD