Nazareth ~Expect No Mercy
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited March 2015
    Stevie Nick's * Rock a Little *
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,101
    0zonmzfo2ud6.jpg

Mark Knopfler-Tracker Another good one by Mr. Knopfler

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Voltz: listened to the Tracker album and now waiting for the free CD that was supposed to be a bonus with the concert ticket I purchased for this fall. Haven't heard anything, may have to get the vinyl tomorrow. Sounded great, just like Privateering. Knopfler is one of my current favorites.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    dromunds wrote: »
    Now that ad is bugging me, I'm going to have to dig out an old National Lampoon and see what it was.....

I think is was for Maxell cassette tapes. I always wanted a pair of the JBL L100 speakers at the time, but way out of my price range then.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,496
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Now that ad is bugging me, I'm going to have to dig out an old National Lampoon and see what it was.....

I think is was for Maxell cassette tapes. I always wanted a pair of the JBL L100 speakers at the time, but way out of my price range then.

Sure was. Maxell tapes. Or, if you consider "Stay Tuned" (the movie) and their take on it, it was "Max Hell". Haha!

https://youtu.be/dcxfsEe_e9I
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,101
    Voltz: listened to the Tracker album and now waiting for the free CD that was supposed to be a bonus with the concert ticket I purchased for this fall. Haven't heard anything, may have to get the vinyl tomorrow. Sounded great, just like Privateering. Knopfler is one of my current favorites.

How lucky you are to be going to the show this fall! Giving Tracker another listen this morning before I head to work. I to am currently the biggest Knopfler fan.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    headrott wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

Sure was. Maxell tapes. Or, if you consider "Stay Tuned" (the movie) and their take on it, it was "Max Hell". Haha!

https://youtu.be/dcxfsEe_e9I

Maxell did the tv spots back then....I first saw that in a JBL dealership in Phoenix...I dug that print so much,they laid a copy on me..has the JBL logo in the corner..they told me it was a promo for their studio monitor line...a lot of other audio lines have used that ad though through the years...Maxell was lousy recording tape too..in my own opinion...
  • dromunds
    gudnoyez: I forgot to mention yesterday the new Knopfler CD has a Deluxe Edition with four additional songs, fifteen total songs. Looks like you can pick it up on Amazon for less than $12 maybe.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,715
    DYA0uT.jpg

Nazareth ~ Hair Of The Dog
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Now playing...
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    DYA0uT.jpg

Nazareth ~ Hair Of The Dog

• voltz
    I have Mark Knopfler "TRACKER" vinyl in my cart but it releases on the 31st.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited March 2015
    Fleetwood Mac. Reprise Records ‎– MS 2225 original pressing... $3.88 ha ha good ole 1979!

6jxai7ylbdbl.jpg
  • gfong
    edited March 2015
    Gary Wright :The Dream Weaver

Also like to add that the system is sounding awesome tonight or maybe my mood. Who knows but it's one of those great sounding nights so far!

i94brpg1tlh9.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    I got one of those, MS 2225 (1975)
    on now...
    gfong wrote: »
    Fleetwood Mac. Reprise Records ‎– MS 2225 original pressing... $3.88 ha ha good ole 1979!

6jxai7ylbdbl.jpg

• gfong
    edited March 2015
    Andy Fraser, bass player for the British band Free who co-wrote the classic 1970s rock anthem "All Right Now" when he was a teenager, has died. Fraser was 62. (yesterday the 17th)
    RIP... playing through a dbl Lp of Free!

npmau3lxw7ra.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Sad to here.
    I USED to have this double LP. A good one!
    Guess I'll dig out some Free.
    Listening to The Cannonball Adderley Quintet
    Live at "The Club" vinyl in mono.
    gfong wrote: »
    Andy Fraser, bass player for the British band Free who co-wrote the classic 1970s rock anthem "All Right Now" when he was a teenager, has died. Fraser was 62. (yesterday the 17th)
    RIP... playing through a dbl Lp of Free!

npmau3lxw7ra.jpg

• gfong
    Kim Mitchell : Akimbo Alogo. Played once a week at my place, love this album.

74g95pqqzn5c.jpg
  • dromunds
    The New Basement Tapes. Various artists.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: Murder Ballads.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
  • voltz
    Jethro Tull * Stormwatch *

• gfong
    edited March 2015
    Little mellow synthpop tonight with Spandau Ballet - Journey to Glory & True

6nj9i7wv8ipu.jpg

jol1y9tek8ag.jpg

Post edited by gfong on
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,181
    pv6yahdqrt72.jpg
    Back and fourth!! Both are so funky!!
    joe.jpg 86.2K
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • gfong
    Joy Divison : Closer

Brilliant album, love just sitting and taking in all the sounds and beats. Start of a whole new sound for the 80's.

pmdxhdwhyhn2.jpg
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,715
    Wish I was home spinning vinyl. Out working and it's "SNOWING" again. Boy am I sick of it. LOL
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg