What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    ri3gjj8w5tkk.jpg

The Beatles, Revolver re-issue. Doesn't sound bad for a new LP.

Will get deeper down the hole as the night progresses and we put a few soda pops down range!

Happy Saturday night listening gents.
  • Original Mono vinyl on now.
    gfong wrote: »
    ri3gjj8w5tkk.jpg

The Beatles, Revolver re-issue. Doesn't sound bad for a new LP.

Will get deeper down the hole as the night progresses and we put a few soda pops down range!

Happy Saturday night listening gents.

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    edited February 2015
    bzcplp3l09mh.jpg

CD1:
    Suite No. 1 in G Major for Cello [BWV 1007]
    Suite No. 2 in D Minor for Cello [BWV 1008]
    Suite No. 3 in C Major for Cello [BWV 1009]
    Suite No. 4 in E-flat Major for Cello [BWV 1010]

Post edited by Moose68Bash on
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Playing with a new to me TT (pro-ject Xeperience 2 classic ) :) had a friend buy it and if he didnt want it I would take it, he called me Friday to pick it up before the wife killed us both. She agreed to let him use my old one. (debut Carbon)

been playing a ton of LP's... to many to list ..taking a break and start up again after a beer run & some dinner.

next up: dIRE sTRAITS * self titled *
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • New from the latest vinyl run. pretty good shape.
    Rory Gallagher 'Sinner... Saint' compilation from
    "Rory Gallagher" and "Deuce."
    77fztev525du.jpg
  • IF ONLY I COULD REMEMBER MY NAME by David Crosby
    Joey Ward
  • gfong
    edited February 2015
    Ha ha The Beatles invasion 2015....... miss ordered but now listening to Rubber Soul! thinking some Bowie next.... and time to crack one of those pops!
  • gfong
    l56xf1af9awt.jpg

Bowie Diamond Dogs! This ain't Rock n Roll this is Genocide! Love it! :smile:
  • gfong
    zpp7374paxd9.jpg
    Must own in anyone's collection, Boston Self Titled!
  • Cowbell Rock! New to me vinyl.
    kduw9woxkake.jpg

• You can't make stuff like this up. It was part of the agreement
    that my x got all the possessions in the house. Possessions are
    a burden, but your listening area looks ta-tas

Anyway, I forgot how much I like this Nazareth.
    Rick88 wrote: »
    v1q6zkdw8nd5.jpg

Rush ~ Moving Pictures ~ 1981 Mercury/Polygram Records

This is the original copy I bought new when it first came out. However, when my ex wife and I separated in 1994, I left all my vinyl behind like an a s s!! :o

When I started my new job last March, I discovered that she works there as well. MUCH to my surprise (lol), we have a very civil working friendship. One day I asked her if she still had any of my records, and she said "some of them". She then proceeded to bring me in about 10 at a time for a few weeks. In those are some of my all-time favorites, and some that I've been looking for good copies of for quite some time. As it turned out, they have not been played in those 21 years. And of course I took great care of my records (NOBODY touched them but me!!) So needless to say, they sound fabulous... B)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited February 2015
    gonna try this Rush Moving Pictures 5.1 DVD.
    Been a while. on now..
    xcuse me while I crank this :)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Hey BLUEFOX, where are you man? I expected to see you here tonight (with booze along with your music of course :)

As far as that goes, it's a pretty quiet Saturday Night here so far...

Well open up the Jim beam B)

Quiet Riot * Metal Health *

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Hey BLUEFOX, where are you man? I expected to see you here tonight (with booze along with your music of course :)

Right here. Just listening to classical at the moment, and will switch to rock on beer 3.

I almost responded to your earlier statement

"However, the Jim Beam is kickin' in and I'm having a blast listening to the music and taking photos, so it is not going to happen tonight. Perhaps tomorrow after the Daytona 500, or maybe next weekend..lol... ;) "

with "Sounds like me. :)"
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    LOL. The next post will be about how a Parasound and spilled Jim Beam don't mix. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    Diana Krall - Wallflower

81AOid0KpFL._SX522_.jpg

This is a well recorded CD. Maybe somebody has been listening to all the complaints over the years.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • lunazul
    lunazul Posts: 781
    Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell

vk85k1g2ap0d.jpg
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,101
    z2hx7l3jj3sz.jpg

AL Stewart - Year Of The Cat

Winding er down fellas spent the day Ice Fishing with a friend and my grandson caught and cleaned a few Crappie fried em up with taters then watched John Wick with the (Fam) grandsons listening to all the AC/DC I cramped on his laptop through his headphones. Me listening to this Al.Stewart on the Polk Hinges I got the other day really enjoy these and maybe the Ice Cold Modelos negros I have been consuming. Yeah Rick don't spill anything on that Parasound! Happy listening you all.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • BlueFox
    edited February 2015
    LOL. I missed the cardboard. Nice. I use cardboard to block the light from the meter on my amps. At night it is like having a car coming at you while trying to listen to music.

wrncwesxvrrb.jpg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    Gotta get that one. Diana is one of my favorite's, and pretty much the only ones I don't have of hers are that one and "Glad Rag Doll". Do you have Rag Doll, and if so what are your thoughts on it? The reviews I have read are mixed...

I like both of them. They aren't her traditional jazz, but are fine in their own way.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,101
    tmnmweqch63q.jpg

Well figured to avoid from passing out on the lazy boy, figured I would liven it up a bit.

Robert Plant - Pictures At 11

Robbie Blunt is no Page, but still a good Guitarist.I can truly say this is the only solo Plant I Enjoy the only other ones I like are Maniac Nirvana, and Fate Of Nations the rest not so much. This one's very good.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • ENCOUNTER; A Journey in the Key of Space by Michael Sterans
    Joey Ward
  • BlueFox
    edited February 2015
    Skinny Puppy - Last Rights

61E0sh-1AnL.jpg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Classy, at least paint the cardboard some sorta silver to match the beastly amps....geez man it's all about style! :)

LOL. I sort of agree, but I don't even notice it anymore. When friends, or others, are here it is removed. On the other hand, nothing screams "Classy" more than cardboard painted silver. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    nbrowser wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »
    LOL. I missed the cardboard. Nice. I use cardboard to block the light from the meter on my amps. At night it is like having a car coming at you while trying to listen to music.

wrncwesxvrrb.jpg

Classy, at least paint the cardboard some sorta silver to match the beastly amps....geez man it's all about style! :)

Okay. Here is a different view. :)

6iit4jjlmwnk.jpg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    It's art! :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • peter gynt
    wg1i9wuqc90e.jpg
    polydor Germany 1983 CD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited February 2015
    LZ PG vinyl
    not heard a peep from the hi rez dudes on this one...
    Word? Oh hahah. I had it in my hand yesterday and
    could have been an early adopter. Who knew?
  • GP / GRIEVOUS ANGLE by Gram Parsons
    Joey Ward