edited January 2015
    Options
    Time to give the SDA's a workout :smile: relaxing 1ilp0s0bm7jp.jpg
    Post edited by boston1450 on
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,601
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    I was thinking of that when I was typing. Lol. Top o' the morning to you!

7yle6eir2ebs.jpg

It was a long cold for me. I spent the day installing a new gas warm furnace and froze my ba-lls off. LOL Boy I'm getting to old for this sh-it.

lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,004
    Options
    I forgot about that second album. I'm trying to remember, didn't their label put out a "secret" rumor that they were the Beatles reunited? I still really like the initial album al lot.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Danny Elfman * Serenada Schizophrana *

Thanks to ROHan!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • dromunds
    Options
    She & Him - Classics. Mostly so-so, but absolutely fantastic version of "Unchained Melody."
  • dromunds
    Options
    Led Zeppelin I - Remasters. Finally, got around to starting to listen to these. Funny, I was just reading a Rolling Stone article on the 50 most groundbreaking albums of all time, and they didn't mention this album or Jimi Hendrix's first album. WTF? I remember sitting around my buddy's bedroom one summer in junior high when LZ 1 came out and we couldn't believe how great this album was, like nothing else before it. We played it over and over and over all summer. His older brother went to college in Houston and had brought the album back before anyone around us had ever heard of Led Zepplin. He just said, "listen to this new band from England" and grinned... Remaster sounds good.
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    I forgot about that second album. I'm trying to remember, didn't their label put out a "secret" rumor that they were the Beatles reunited? I still really like the initial album a lot.

Don that's a new one to me. If true I really don't remember.

I was trying to think of albums that are not well known but not necessarily rare.
    One that come to mind is Quarter Flash. Anyone remember it ??
    I'll dig it out later and post a picture.

lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Pumpkinman you got any Hiram Bullock....???? He was a friend who has passed and one of the greatest guitarists I have ever had the the honor to hear.... Find him and give him a listen... he shan't be forgotten.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • dromunds
    Options
    Mamas & The Papas - Farewell To The First Golden Era - LP
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,686
    Options
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    Mike Nesmith's birthday. Davey Jones born today also I think.

naxxu1sige8c.jpg

Trivia question (no google allowed). Where did Mike Nesmith get most of his $$?

Hi Ken,
    I promise no goggle. IIRC his mother invented white out and he inherited her fortune.

Well played. Not sure about "goggle" though...

• voltz
    Options
    [/quote]

I was trying to think of albums that are not well known but not necessarily rare.
    [/quote]

I remember Quarter Flash with Rindy Ross, she always had that saxophone and sang "Harden my Heart" & "Find another Fool" I like their sound...

also The Motels with Martha Davis
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• pumpkinman
    Options
    Hey Mikey how was the beach today ?? You lucky son of a gun.

I'm not familiar with Mr. Bullock. Will keep my eyes open for any CD's by him.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    Mike Nesmith's birthday. Davey Jones born today also I think.

naxxu1sige8c.jpg

Trivia question (no google allowed). Where did Mike Nesmith get most of his $$?

Hi Ken,
    I promise no goggle. IIRC his mother invented white out and he inherited her fortune.

Well played. Not sure about "goggle" though...

I was hoping you didn't notice that. By the time I saw my mistake the time to fix it had passed.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Mikey081057
    Options
    I am sure you have heard him,but maybe not heard of him... He played with Pastorius, Sanborn and Will Lee, and was lead guitar for Paul Shaefer (sp) of Letterman fame. He played lead guitar on Steely Dan's My Rival from the Gaucho album. Paul said that Hiram was the greatest guitarist outside of Jimi that he had ever heard. Hiram too had his demons as many great ones do.. He played for Sting and Michael Franks to name he few... Every time is see a beat up Stratocaster i think of him and SRV as I always told Hiram that he rescued his from a dumpster ... he always loved my strat but claimed it had no soul as it was not old enough. My strat was lucky tho... it was played by two greats... Hiram Bullock AND Rick Derringer.... The weather today was only about 76... a tad cool but pleasant... you folks up north... I feel for ya....

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Hey Mikey how was the beach today ?? You lucky son of a gun.

I'm not familiar with Mr. Bullock. Will keep my eyes open for any CD's by him.

Check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX54n39Y8Pc

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,686
    Options
    voltz wrote: »

[/quote]

I remember Quarter Flash with Rindy Ross, she always had that saxophone and sang "Harden my Heart" & "Find another Fool" I like their sound...

also The Motels with Martha Davis [/quote]

ymmhrf5d3uvj.jpg

Yup...

• pumpkinman
    edited January 2015
    Options
    txo746s34ltn.jpg

I pulled my copies a few minutes ago and they both turned out to be promo LP's

Ken please do a spell check for me.

lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    Pumpkinman you got any Hiram Bullock....???? He was a friend who has passed and one of the greatest guitarists I have ever had the the honor to hear.... Find him and give him a listen... he shan't be forgotten.

I see several CD's of his on Amazon.
    Can you recommend one ??
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: Your Funeral...My Trial. vinyl
  • dromunds
    Options
    Crosby & Nash - Wind On The Water LP
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Tom Waits: Small Change.
  • voltz
    Options
    ^^^^^
    I like that one, I will join ya with some *Small Change* Vinyl before I head out to the Doctor, just got back from Dentist. (teeth cleaning - Gum scraping)

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,514
    Options
    Listening to Kansas cd with the SDA1c's & enjoying every second of it tooooo
  • voltz
    Options
    I have not listen to my newer copy of Kansas "Leftoverture" for awhile, I put it on!

• pumpkinman
    Options
    vkfuw15do89y.jpg

Don "Sugarcane" Harris ~ Sugarcane.........1970

I went through 6 boxes of LP's today at a customers house. She told me to take what I wanted. This is what I grabbed.
    For some reason, his albums on the German MPS label seem to be more readily available than this one. This one was produced by the (now recently departed) Johnny Otis, with songwriting contributions from Johnny, his son Shuggie and Harris himself. Some may be familiar with Harris's bluesy electric violin on Frank Zappa's albums from around this time, notably Hot Rats (also featuring Shuggie Otis, although not on the same tracks as Sugarcane), Weasels Ripped My Flesh (with Harris's violin and lead vocal on the Little Richard song, 'Directly From my Heart to You') and his jawdropping violin solo on side two of Burnt Weeny Sandwich. He was earlier half of the R&B duo, Don and Dewey, which no doubt was responsible for Zappa's interest in him. Neil Young has covered one of Don and Dewey's songs, 'Farmer John.'

Harris was quite prolific in the early-mid 70s, playing with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and recording several albums as leader for MPS, featuring such notable players as Harvey Mandel and Robert Wyatt. He seems to have just kinda faded away after that, although Wiki tells me that he was in a group called Tupelo Chain Sex in the 1980s. He died in 1999, hopefully somewhat enriched by the royalties from Neil Young.

lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Options
    Listening to an lot of John Mayer, Great Guitar player.