Comments

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,773
    edited May 27
    mq29knz6grtl.jpg
    m54g4nfdnb89.jpg
    jzya8mp9gy4r.jpg
    Post edited by SIHAB on
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • SIHAB
    edited May 27
    1968 pressing;
    pgb54bceeyfc.jpg
    7nx57ouv573m.jpg

Post edited by SIHAB on
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • SIHAB
    edited May 27
    xctthg88tass.jpg
    raap78nfbh5r.jpg
    la5bgydjpugj.jpg
  • SIHAB
    edited May 27
    5x6yqrqqtzzy.jpg
    jfm31yun7p2q.jpg
    ijjnslbcj8jr.jpg
    j2ghg2ii5621.jpg
    2i7oe212jagb.jpg

Post edited by SIHAB on
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,884
    Billie Eilish's new album. Gonna listen to it in its entirety.

y53ru5i87jio.jpg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Wildflowers was my favorite on that album. The first 4 songs were ho-hum. Her brother has mastered the art of phase manipulation!

The album built up as the songs went on and very well recorded. Not the best out there but better than 90% of the crap recorded today. Estimated, IMO/IME, that is.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,738
    o9rzx9etu9gq.jpeg

The Flaming Lips • Hear It Is
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • SIHAB
    w9gjasdo2xop.jpg
  • SIHAB
    holy bat thermal underwear this is going for a lot of money!
    ceqclq8209gi.jpg
    oivswymkm5lk.jpg
    • Cut From The Original Analog Master Tapes By Kevin Gray
    • Includes Liner Notes & Photos by Peter Sando
    • All Analog Process (AAA)
    • High Quality Vinyl Release
    • Lemon/Grass Color Vinyl LP
    • Limited edition of 1500 for RSD 2024
  • treitz3
    l4dzcvym0dt6.jpg

I don't mean the song......I mean the ALBUM. I just discovered it today. It is all instrumentals, no singing so far (up to song 5). Everything has been outstanding so far. The recording, the dynamics, the music, the crescendos, the spatial imaging....well, it's different but damn.

Tommy like. Highly recommended if you want or yearn for something off the beaten path.

Tom
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    edited May 29
    Something else, off the mainstream. Some of you probably know this guy.
    Who knew Ethiopia was this cool in the early 1970s?
    After reading up on this Artist, I was pretty amazed at wide ranging influence!
    kr70bdaq2jyk.jpg
    (BTW, the mono mix versions really do sound better on most of these...note, they are stereo mixed versions the original mono)
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • billbillw
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Wildflowers was my favorite on that album. The first 4 songs were ho-hum. Her brother has mastered the art of phase manipulation!

The album built up as the songs went on and very well recorded. Not the best out there but better than 90% of the crap recorded today. Estimated, IMO/IME, that is.

Tom

Billie and Finneas know how to make a really good sounding recording, and take you on a journey. All her stuff is pretty amazing, from an SQ POV at least. Content is hit or miss.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,122
    s5bioawyuzt1.jpg
    This might be a duplicate post from awhile back, but whatever. This is a great album.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pumpkinman
    h1ufjhpn4x8q.png

Donovan • A Gift From A Flower To A Garden
    Streaming because I’m too lazy to get the CD or LP box set.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• treitz3
    pspzr9baiba6.jpg

This particular version is great.

Tom
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    eaf2ui9gomyf.png
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    3kl9zcaba2uv.jpg

Thank you Sweet baby James....

Tom
  • billbillw
    treitz3 wrote: »
    pspzr9baiba6.jpg

This particular version is great.

Tom

You're surprising me lately...
  • SIHAB
    lusepj4di9jf.jpg
    zuva6w8194fh.jpg
  • SIHAB
    uqzdwdw6egh4.jpg
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,307
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • SIHAB
    edited June 2
    FOR STEREO PHONOGRAPHS ONLY
    bldr8w11zwi1.jpg
  • SIHAB
    tjfeclzww3x1.jpg
  • SIHAB
    yywyrdzcenwe.jpg
  • SIHAB
    As near as I can tell, a 1st press;
    ss8msylg8boy.jpg
    "To fully appreciate the spectacular sound of double drumming in Clear Light, play this record at high volume."
  • SIHAB
    edited June 2
    hip1adcxj56m.jpg

o3pohi4f00rd.jpg
    Post edited by SIHAB on
  • SIHAB
    From the cheapo section;
    ax7ynzjcpopo.jpg
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    SIHAB wrote: »
    hip1adcxj56m.jpg

o3pohi4f00rd.jpg

I played SRC a lot back in the late 60’s/early 70’s especially their 2nd album.
  • pumpkinman
    3ojresdrpm7c.jpeg

Ataxia • Automatic Writing
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    vq1cqw4fwc7n.jpeg

Mick Abrahams • Cat Squirrel Blues
    CD 1 Acoustic Recordings