What Are You Listening To?

Options

Comments

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    I saw Head East many times. Really good shows at small venues in Midwest. Always fun.

That album was recorded in Pekin, IL which is about 15 miles from me. For something of that era, it sure does sound good!

They opened for REO Speedwagon here a year or two ago and still put on a great show!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    Channeling a departed friend (Norm) who loved slide trombone and big band sound. Don't let the cover art fool ya, these cats could swing.

dhudmyhm5hd3.jpg
    0ng2y3rsu02q.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    testing a repaired RCA cable...
    CD;
    iyp4rsr8dyzq.jpg
    Seems good to go!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,704
    Options
    59bhntveaizu.jpg
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • SIHAB
    Options
    sfqxp1cqd24k.jpg
    r7o48xubgx6r.jpg
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • SIHAB
    Options
    ejgkf0tl741l.jpg
  • SIHAB
    Options
    doing some ultra sonic cleaning...
    1978 pressing;
    azscz80w2wa8.jpg
    ldtrfbxem69v.jpg
  • SIHAB
    edited December 2023
    Options
    ryvvczeji255.jpg
    SS 2-200 on jacket spine, folder, and inner sleeves. SS2 200 on record labels.
    Columbia House record club release - No Columbia House or CRC markings on jacket, folder, or inner sleeves, CRC printed TWICE on record labels per side. Release has a barcode.
    Die-Cut cover. Custom color folder with graphics / credits, inside is blank. Two custom color hard cardboard inner sleeves with graphics. No cough at the end of 'In My Time of Dying'.

4adzcmsf4bn3.jpg
    b215l2os6rvn.jpg

Post edited by SIHAB on
  • xschop
    Options
    Thumping some Steely...

3lhrtazjdg7n.jpg

• pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    iqvxd51djbk2.jpeg

Billy Bacon and the Forbidden Pigs
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    5b4z68ilssf2.jpeg

Roy Buchanan • Second Album
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• xschop
    Options
    9qfcgvo0pbiu.jpg
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    r23wyqlwus3e.jpeg
    3fwhxlq9xgmm.jpeg

Anthony Phillips • Wise After The Event
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    wxiu2nxyoo8f.jpeg

Anthony Phillips • The Geese & The Ghost
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    bvk7734j6mu1.jpeg

Anthony Phillips • Private Parts & Pieces
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    5b4z68ilssf2.jpeg

Roy Buchanan • Second Album

One of my top ten albums of all time
  • SIHAB
    Options
    6w8lftmdlwsa.jpg
  • xschop
    Options
    dz35pmrzz3ik.jpg
  • SIHAB
    Options
    The Trip;
    ta7gk2nez2fa.jpg
    "One of many English bands coming to Italy in search of success during the beat-era, The Trip included a young Ritchie Blackmore in their first line-up, along with founder members Andersen and Gray and drummer Ian Broad, but a line-up change brought two italians in, keyboards player Joe Vescovi from Savona (later the leading figure in the band) and drummer Pino Sinnone from Turin."
  • xschop
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Listening to @VR3's rig (on my shop rig) :)

f5crs1o4lapa.jpg
    Post edited by xschop on
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    sxj7sxd9g7fr.png

INXS • Welcome To Wherever You Are
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    69ks91lpkq3f.png

Lime Spiders • The Cave Comes Alive
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    cx7c9h9fqc9a.png

Traffic Sound • Yellow Sea Years (Peruvian Psych-Rock-Soul 1968-71)
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,338
    Options
    If you even remotely like Jazz, this one is some killer tunes. I liked it at the beginning and it just drew me into the music. So relaxing and enjoyable.

I have heard of the band Spiro Gyra before but today is the first time ever listening to them. I actually played this selection twice because I liked it so much.

h3vn9dwe40sz.jpg

Be sure to check this one out, even if you aren't a jazz fan. This may convert you. It's that good.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Wow, lost track of them, for sure. I will add that to tomorrow's Sunday AM jazz lineup.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Rocked-out a little last night.
    gamocgsxuxor.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I have heard of the band Spiro Gyra before but today is the first time ever listening to them
    Their extensive catalog should keep you busy awhile... something like 30 albums.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,338
    Options
    I have listened to mostly them ever since I discovered them yesterday. Great group!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~