Options

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,311
    Options
    Been a while...great tune!

ck7mqy0v0kv2.jpg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,426
    Options
    What’s so funny @msg is 2 things now! 1. This is What are you listening to thread! Self admitted you say “haven’t listened to it yet” ( maybe time for a new thread “what haven’t you listened to yet “ )??

And 2. You take up space here instead of taking it to a private message but you keep your profile private?? Ok? That’s some funny **** right there ! And because I can’t message you I bit and set this out in a thread that as of late isn’t really doing much anyway and Feelies were not what I got a kick out of ! It was you and you are awesome too! Now go listen to your album and give me a full report ! Thank you 🎩
    Good point on the haven't listened, hehe, good point! :D
    2. It was just a hey, what's so funny and not intended in a bad way at all. I thought maybe there was a real joke in there somewhere!

Oh, that, the PM thing? Yeah, you don't need to have a public profile for someone to be able to PM you. The sender just needs to know the username.

Here's how you send one:
    Basically just go to your own messages, and click the "write" icon, then enter the user's name in the recipients field

= or =

From upper right corner of a page, click the envelope and then the "write" icon > type the user's name in the recipients box

= or =

From your own Messages page > New Message > type the user's name in the recipients box.

Easy peasy, señor!
    fieqlgyzrqxn.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    This is a good album, btw - I listened to it last night! Pretty clean even for not being cleaned yet.
    I'm gonna break out the record cleaning stuff and clean this and a couple others.

Got the new Slowdive, too, Everything Is Alive; also nice quality. Only one hard snap in it.
    msg wrote: »
    New release from The Feelies. Arrived yesterday, haven't listened to it yet.

Double album. Some Kinda Love: Performing the Music of The Velvet Underground. Recorded Live at White Eagle Hall in Jersey City, NJ October 13, 2018
    https://thefeelies.bandcamp.com/album/some-kinda-love-performing-the-music-of-the-velvet-underground
    0oi2guwa83i2.png

I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @tophatjohnny - can you find The Feelies Time For a Witness and give it a whirl? I'm actually curious to hear what you think. Stanley Demeski, drummer.

He also played drums for one of my other favorite bands, Luna.
    https://www.discogs.com/artist/357470-Stanley-Demeski

Time for a Witness is an "experience" album, one for the road. It's best experienced with a Sony portable Discman with the tape player adapter and anti-skip foam velcro'd to the bottom, because my Mazda 6262GT Turbo seats just weren't that soft, AND if you can stop at the mini-mart in 1994 just 100ft past Campbell University in Buies Creek, NC for a PB Max and a pack of sunflower seeds while bookin' it back to I-95N to set the cruise at 80 to make it back in time to go party with your collidge kid friends at ODU.

The four best tracks, imo, are:
    • Waiting
    • Sooner or Later*
    • Decide
    • What She Said
    gcqi8jcc6ieb.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    Options
    k91j7dijukgt.jpg

As a system progresses? One will listen to things they do not normally listen too. This is one of those things. It sounds like bliss.

I have no idea how it sounds on your system or others but I am completely in heaven here on Earth listening to this right now.

Completely off the beaten path...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Options
    cywskrric6rf.jpg

Tom
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,512
    Options
    upzxrpl7fj4v.jpeg

Three Man Army • A Third Of A Lifetime
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    yk0m02fbbj78.jpeg

Three Man Army • 3
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,519
    edited October 2023
    Options
    alexander gibson - witches' brew on the 'tube
    Post edited by SIHAB on
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • treitz3
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I bought that CD many, many years ago and probably have not listened to it in a decade. I remember there is a song on there that switches from one song to another, to another, back to the one they were playing before, to another......it was completely off the beaten path but you could tell (or at least I got the impression) that they were having a blast up on that stage.

Pretty decent recording to boot, if memory serves me correctly. I need to give it another spin! Been a while...

Tom
  • SIHAB
    Options
    ash ra tempel s/t again off youtube.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • SIHAB
    Options
    01cljxhsotpk.jpg
    wnsd0uvmm46y.jpg
  • SIHAB
    Options
    1kiejwcbcz1o.jpg
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    emn08n1ckde5.jpg

John Legend-Get Lifted
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • treitz3
    Options
    vzlw94e03idt.jpg

Tom
  • SIHAB
    Options
    Atlantic Drone - A Vivified Sugarcube Explains The Universe LP;
    8xrhdz13yetq.jpg
    Steven Cerio with members and contributors from: Railroad Jerk, Dee Dee Ramone's Sproket, Bongwater, Yo La Tengo, Devendra Banhart, Dust Devils, Drunktank, Wicked King Wicker, Arthur Lee, King Missile, Electric Frankenstein, His Name is Alive, Uncle Wiggily, Bunny Brains, Dragibus and Toothfairy.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    New release from The Feelies. Arrived yesterday, haven't listened to it yet.

Double album. Some Kinda Love: Performing the Music of The Velvet Underground. Recorded Live at White Eagle Hall in Jersey City, NJ October 13, 2018
    https://thefeelies.bandcamp.com/album/some-kinda-love-performing-the-music-of-the-velvet-underground
    fcyjg7csl97q.jpg

ucsqx34za0sd.jpg

When I seen this on Tidals new selections, I thought why Not, big Velvet Underground and Lou Reed fan. These guys do a very good job of covering these tunes I like this and will have to check out some of their other stuff.

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• SIHAB
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Pleasant Dreams (the NY mixes);
    vrnsz7na8i9t.jpg
    c4mu7soxz5sy.jpg

RSD Exclusive Release.
    Quantity: 7500
    Original mixes by album producer Graham Gouldman and 3 additional songs (A7, B4, B7) from the sessions not included on the original album. Featuring alternative artwork found in the Warner Library.
    g1wn02m4w44l.jpg
  • SIHAB
    Options
    from the $1 section;
    dleoc7uf1sow.jpg
    c0yd2pbn0fz3.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    from the $1 section

Years later, Julie London would appear on "Emergency" alongside her husband Bobby Troup.

3de2twty4t4f.jpg

Here he is singing to someone else. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0rRtJH3iHQ
  • SIHAB
    Options
    la61c5pddwqc.jpg
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    u3rly52squcx.jpg

Stones-Grrrr Live on Blu Ray

Waiting patiently for the new Stones Release this week. B)
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pumpkinman
    Options
    gnyg325pbchb.jpeg

Love Sculpture • Blues Helping
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    jf1qtl9hjppk.jpeg

Vanilla Fudge • Mystery
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    bcbux0wqb3ct.jpeg

Stephen Stills • Stills Alone
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    85sl93x3e8az.jpeg

Monkeybone • Soundtrack
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    18sjh2vr79q5.png

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • SIHAB
    edited October 2023
    Options
    recorded in Cleveland;
    fkmeodhhrugq.jpg
    Bassist Mark Price move on to Tin Huey.

Keyboardist Jerry Buckner did a few Cleveland cult songs
    "Akron, Ohio 1972
    Thousands of Cleveland’s adolescents and teens are ready to have their minds corrupted again by Cleveland’s late night movie host, the Ghoul. Blasting out of the tinny TV speakers was some nutcase yelling “I Gotta Hear The Beat” to a incessant rhythm groove. The masterminds behind that crazy track were Jerry Buckner and Gary Garcia, formerly of the Rogues, and in several years and a move to Atlanta, Buckner and Garcia of “Pac Man Fever” fame. During 1971, Bucker had been in Wild Butter." -Discogs.
  • SIHAB
    Options
    5j5yrnzmmlbq.jpg
  • SIHAB
    Options
    zztzl7ibr23b.jpg
    8j88wws3mywa.jpg